What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets write to Fox - We need more league on in November

ali

Bench
To stop us going crazy from the you know what.

So this is what I sent in an email to nrl@foxpsorts.com.au. I hope many of you guys follow suit, as it would be great to see some International Rugby league on Fox.

Hi guys,
Just wondering if you are planning on showing any matches from the feast of Rugby League Internationals coming up in October and November. I am not actually referring to the Kangaroo Tour, which I'm sure will be on TV somewhere, but the European Nations Cup featuring England, Wales, Ireland, France, Russia and Scotland and the Mediterranean Cup featuring Lebanon, France, Serbia and Morocco. With the feast of Union internationals on Fox during this time, it would nice to show Aussie sports fans that the other code of Rugby is also played in many countries around the world.

The European Nations Cup final is on the 16th of November with a 2pm (UK) kickoff at Warrington. The match will almost certainly be shown by your UK cousins Sky Sports. The Mediterranean Cup runs from October 19 to 25, and is a round robin form. The match that will no doubt decide the winner is on October 25 between Lebanon and France. This one off fixture last year was shown live on the Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation into many countries and it will most likely be shown on the LBC again this year.

As Rugby League is one of the most popular sports shown on Fox sports, I hope you strongly consider doing all you can to get coverage of these games. Even seeing the tapes on a weeks delay would be awesome.

Cheers,
Al

ps, Are we getting live coverage of the Super League Grand Final this year?

Misty Bee

First Grade
This is a damn good post. I don't have Poxtel, but reckon if they can do it for Cricket, they can do it for Footy.

Good call!

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

remember super league
about how the game was gonna be taken to china

well i think the fact that they wont even show test matches involving france, lebanon, eng a, ire, scot, wales etc

proves that they were always bullshitting about helping league grow as an international sport

dimitri

First Grade
i think they have had some of their games shown in asia through star tv

what is fox doing to help RL grow

?????????????????????????

dimitri said:

The operative word is had. Star Sports no longer show Storm games, only one random NRL game per week shown twice. :cry:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Thunderstruck said:
dimitri said:

The operative word is had. Star Sports no longer show Storm games, only one random NRL game per week shown twice. :cry:

Damn. A Sth Korean supporter base was building up too!

ali

Bench
Its true, I saw the Sharks vs Warriors semi on delay on a Tuesday whilst in Thailand last year.

Anyway, I got a reply from Fox. Not good news all round, which requires MORE people to write to them.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. FOX SPORTS have not
obtained rights to the European Nations Cup.

Due to our commitment to LIVE English Premier League soccer and LIVE ATP
Masters tennis we are unable to show the English Super League Grand
Final LIVE. It will be shown on delay on October 19th at 8.00am.

Makes you wonder who has obtained the rights? :shock: One thinks they couldn't be arsed.

I think I will reply and ask that question. By the way the reply I got came from feedback@foxsports.com.au.

dimitri

First Grade
:x :x :x :x :x :x

gee they make me angry

they should be showing international league

Azkatro

First Grade
I reckon they would be paying pretty good money for the Premier League alone. They probably haven't got any left to spend.

ali

Bench
FOX SPORTS won't be showing this European Nations Cup or Mediterranean
Cup. However, your suggestion has been passed on to our Programming
department who are always interested in what people like and watch and
ways to improve the line up.

Kind regards,
FOX SPORTS Marketing

Honest, but encouraging. So there is our invitation to send them more emails suggesting they show some International Rugby League.
feedback@foxsports.com.au