What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leulaui is crap house!!!

Avenger

Immortal
saw a replay of the game, Leulaui had an awful game and I have now officially wriiten him off. :D

Avenger

Immortal
I hope so Hurriflatch. But nothing will cease to amaze me. Surely he will not try and buy him in 06 if Marsh and Smith fire in 05.

Phillips

Referee
i hope we dont go after any more #7's

Smith, Marsh, Perenara & Green is all we need in my opinion a lot of youth but we need to start looking at the future

Driver said:
i hope we dont go after any more #7's

Smith, Marsh, Perenara & Green is all we need in my opinion a lot of youth but we need to start looking at the future

This year is defiantely a rebuilding one for us, a premiership is out of the question for sure. But anything less than a top 6 posy is a disgrace. Alot will depend on the halfs. 2006 is when we really will push hard for a premiership with the likes of Green and Smith in the half and 5/8 posys.

bartman

Immortal
Saw the game live, and yeah Leuluai didn't tsamp his class all over the park, that's for sure. But I'm still nervous that we don't have enough reliable options at half, a concern probably shared by Brian Smith etc, seeing as they were actively chasing him.

I don't think Tim Smith will get near first grade until second half of the year. I haven't had the chance to see him play live, but surely he doesn't offer much more (after 16 Premier League games) than Michael Witt did on his 2003 First Grade form? As for Blake Green (13 Flegg games), surely he'll only get a look a year after Smith?

Throwing a rookie in as lead halfback at the start of the year just isn't going to happen... especially without a star (rep level) five eighth outside him. I just hope PJ Marsh can get through the best part of 26 rounds, otherwise we could be in big trouble - unless Tim Smith is "the next Sterlo"?

Sterlo will never happen again and the younger players should not be compared with the great one as it puts a burden on them ie Willie Peters.

bartman

Immortal
Exactly Jake. That's why (while I wish Tim Smith and Blake Green all the best), I'm still worried we don't have the halves to be a top line/top 4 team, if Marsh or Morris cop an injury or two.

lucablight

First Grade
Jake the Snake
This year is defiantely a rebuilding one for us, a premiership is out of the question for sure. But anything less than a top 6 posy is a disgrace. Alot will depend on the halfs. 2006 is when we really will push hard for a premiership with the likes of Green and Smith in the half and 5/8 posys

That's absolute rubbish. You should not talk like that. Unlike the last two previous years we actually have the personnel to go all the way. Look at the Panthers and the cowboys. The Panthers won a premiership after two previous horrendous seasons and the cowboys gave this year a shake and then some. Both of these teams were treated with little respect while we actually have some established players this year. There is a difference between being a pessimist and a realist. Let's get real eh?

Bazal

Post Whore
lucablight said:
Jake the Snake
This year is defiantely a rebuilding one for us, a premiership is out of the question for sure. But anything less than a top 6 posy is a disgrace. Alot will depend on the halfs. 2006 is when we really will push hard for a premiership with the likes of Green and Smith in the half and 5/8 posys

That's absolute rubbish. You should not talk like that. Unlike the last two previous years we actually have the personnel to go all the way. Look at the Panthers and the cowboys. The Panthers won a premiership after two previous horrendous seasons and the cowboys gave this year a shake and then some. Both of these teams were treated with little respect while we actually have some established players this year. There is a difference between being a pessimist and a realist. Let's get real eh?

:clap: :clap:

Well said. We could really challenge for a premiership this year, especially because we will most likely have the surprise factor that took Penrith all the way in 03 and the Boys to 3rd overall this year. Never discount any Parramatta side, even this year we showed that you can't do that with some good wins out of nowhere.

lucablight said:
Jake the Snake

Last year we said the same thing but what happened. I'd rather have no expections and be SURPRISED.