What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leuluai looks at other offers

Leuluai looks at other offers
1 October 2004
Thomas Leuluai looking into NRL offers, while Warriors go hunting for Roosters' winger Todd Byrne

Stacey Jones
Warriors halfback Thomas Leuluai has travelled to Australia to meet with Parramatta Eels officials.

Leuluai is currently looking into a few offers from NRL clubs across the Tasman, however Warriors CEO Mick Watson says he has not been told to leave.

That is despite growing speculation the Warriors are about to release him.

They have released another player, Marcus Perenara, who is understood to have already signed with Parramatta.

Meanwhile Australian media reports the Warriors could be about to sign Roosters' winger Todd Byrne.

Byrne has been outstanding in the Roosters second grade this season, and may even receive the call up to play in Sunday's Grand Final.

Watson can understand why Leuluai might be frustrated and looking elsewhere because he will have to compete with Stacey Jones and Cowboy Nathan Fien for positions in the Warriors side next year.

Meanwhile, Mick Watson confirms he has been in talks with Rooster winger Todd Byrne, but no agreement has been made.

Watson says they are looking at a few different options for next year's roster.

He says Todd Byrne had to play backup to other players in Sydney, so he might be looking to move.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, but I dont think he will be our match winner, if he signs with us

Mighty Tiger

Bench
The thing is with Leuluai he is a player who you could build a side around but it will take time, I guess the main question is would you prefer to wait the time to build the side around Tim or would you prefer to save 2yrs and go for Leuluai ???

He isn't a bad player and you could do a hell of alot worse thats for sure!

PJ Marshal

Coach
the sad thing he has played 5/8 for NZ allready and everyone who plays 5/8 NZ career fall arse up like Leulaui and Hohaia

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mighty Tiger said:
The thing is with Leuluai he is a player who you could build a side around but it will take time, I guess the main question is would you prefer to wait the time to build the side around Tim or would you prefer to save 2yrs and go for Leuluai ???

He isn't a bad player and you could do a hell of alot worse thats for sure!

oh! we've done a hell of alot worse, don't worry! :?

and a good afternoon to Paul Green, Andrew McFadden and Gary Freeman! :roll:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey Jakey!!

where did the article come from???.....looks like my scoop about him may of come true.

Hurriflatch

Referee
How many ex-Warrior halves do Parra plan on signing this year

Marsh, Perenara and it would appear Leuluai.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't find this bloke too exciting. He's got talent but consistency he lacks, and I can't see that changing at Parramatta. We already have the players, it's the attitude and coaching system that needs changing.

Utey

Coach
A change of club does a player world of good usually. Who knows what can come of him.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He needs work on his game know doubt about it, however the kiwis saw raw talent in him when they blooded him early into their test side, they obviously think he has something going for him.

I'll never forget the Game he had against Australia he tore us up, saying that I don't think he will sign with us even if Witt does decide to leave.

ParraMatt

Bench
If we are losing Witt to sign thise Kiwi Reject then the Parramatta Board can all get f**ked, Disgraceful Ideas emerging from this club these days.

Latest posts