What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis Brown -->> Penwiff

hitman82

Bench
That's a pity but we can cover this loss. Elijah Taylor has a similar attacking game but is defensively far superior.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'd say that money wouldn't have played a big part, we could have easily matched the Panthers offer I'd imagine. Would have been about getting to start, and not having to play under Brian McClennan ;-)

hitman82

Bench
I disagree in a big way that Taylor and Brown have similar attacking games.

Did you ever watch Brown play in the centres? His passing game ain't that flash either sunshine!

Also, if you'd watched Taylor in the U20s you'd realise what he is capable of. Cleary introduced him as a tacklebot, and he is only just starting to use his ball playing skills in first grade. trust me, Taylor will develop into a far better player than Brown.

hitman82

Bench
I'd say that money wouldn't have played a big part, we could have easily matched the Panthers offer I'd imagine. Would have been about getting to start, and not having to play under Brian McClennan ;-)

:lol: I love your attitude.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
He's on radio sport now. Says the reason he is going is because he wants to play more minutes and in the backrow

Meth

Staff member
Whether that's true or not, I fully support him wanting to play in the backrow, rather than in the centres

hitman82

Bench
He's on radio sport now. Says the reason he is going is because he wants to play more minutes and in the backrow

Fair enough then. The article I read said we couldn't match their offer.
But I can totally understand where he's coming from - we have Mateo as our ball playing second rower, and Mannering and Taylor are pretty much 80 minute players. Not to mention Luck returning at some stage!
Brown is likely to end up in the Vulcans before long.

Juju

Juniors
I think Lewi just likes the idea of wearing pink...
Kidding, bit of a sad loss - wish him all the best

abpanther

Staff member
As Penrith fan, how do you guys rate this signing?

Given that we have guys like Ciraldo, Smith and Newton starting in our backrow, I suspect this is a nice upgrade?

hitman82

Bench
Will be interested to see how Bluey uses him for the rest of the season now.

I don't know if this would change anything selectionwise. Bluey still wants to pick the best 17 every week, and ultimately win the trophy. Unless you ask Feddie, who seems to believe Bluey is some kind of evil saboteur :lol:

hitman82

Bench
As Penrith fan, how do you guys rate this signing?

Given that we have guys like Ciraldo, Smith and Newton starting in our backrow, I suspect this is a nice upgrade?

It's a f**kin top-dog signing. Brown is a gun player and will be for many years to come.

vvvrulz

Coach
His strength is mainly strong ball carrys and making quick metres. A good attacking option but can be a bit questionable in defence at times. The back row his definitely his home and he should never have been put in the centres.