What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis signs with Sharks

Ratchy

Juniors
So there back row could be:
11. Lewis
12. Smith
13. Gallen.

Pretty impressive..

My question is is that Bukuya off contract because whenever i watch a sharks game this year he has been one of there best players, go after him...

I reckon Smith will be off to Newcastle.

The sharkies signed him for 4 years ! He will be 34 when he finishes.
I think you need to do some maths revision. He's currently 28, and turns 29 this August. So he'll just turn 33 at the end of his last season with Sharks.

Anyway, the Sharkies have some magic power to change the age of their players (check out J. Smith).

forward pass

Coach
At least we had a crack at Lewis and missed out. That's life.

I get more disappointed with players that have been looking for new clubs and we didn't even bother eg Todd Carney, Michael Gordon etc.

Fathead

Bench
I'm sure the people at the eels who tried to sign him know a bit more than all you nevilles on an Internet forum.
You may be right but well it's only our opinion but judging on some of the past recruitment you would have to say that the track record isn't pretty flash.. But I'm happy to acknowledge that I don't know shit.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
You may be right but well it's only our opinion but judging on some of the past recruitment you would have to say that the track record isn't pretty flash.. But I'm happy to acknowledge that I don't know shit.

That's ok Fathead. I was just channeling Poupou Escobar.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Positives:
Luke Lewis is a great player "sometimes".

Negatives:
His age
Was sacked as captain so he is not seen as a leader.
Twice has wanted out of contracts. (Souths and Penrith)
Couldnt lift Penrith from second last on the table.
Seems to be very injury prone now days.

I for one am happy we didnt waste money on this guy.

Apart from all that.

I thought Cronulla were broke. Lol.

Gronk

Staff member
Lewis signed with Sharks because of their squad strength and their ability to win a comp before he retires.

<sigh>

NRL News &#8207;@nospam09 Lewis says: "FOr next 6-8 weeks, my heart and soul will be with the Panthers. Stoked to be coming next year. Players are outstanding."

https://twitter.com/nospam09
NRL News &#8207;@nospam09 Lewis says: "Wade was at my bridal party & has been a good mate of mine. I believe they have the players & direction, to win a GF."

Fathead

Bench
Positives:
Luke Lewis is a great player "sometimes".

Negatives:
His age
Was sacked as captain so he is not seen as a leader.
Twice has wanted out of contracts. (Souths and Penrith)
Couldnt lift Penrith from second last on the table.
Seems to be very injury prone now days.

I for one am happy we didnt waste money on this guy.

Apart from all that.

I thought Cronulla were broke. Lol.
+1

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lewis signed with Sharks because of their squad strength and their ability to win a comp before he retires.

So let's death-ride the merkin for all he's worth. I'm on the Sharks to win this year and then I hope they don't win another one until Lewis retires.

It worked for Craig Field and Brett Finch.

Look at their 'reserve' back-row....

11. Tupou
12. Bukuya
13. Graham

Doesn't make alot of sense why you'd pay Lewis $450k odd per year in a position you are more than well covered in. I would have been chasing Jennings if I were them...

Who says we're not chasing Jennings?
Who saying Gal will stay in the Back Row?

Bukuya is contracted and Tupou took up a one year option. Neither are going anywhere.

Front Row rotation could see Gal, Gibbs and Ross. Plus Fafita.

barney gumble

Juniors
He would've been a good replacement for Hindmarsh, a void that won't be filled by our current mob. Not to be though, which was to be expected.