What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIddle has got to play NRL for the rest of 2019

Tiger05

First Grade
He is getting some game time but clearly he is our best hooker and needs more game time. We have a couple of class players in our team and he potentially can get to that level. We need to bring him along.

Robbie should get the first 20-40 minutes and then we need Liddle on for the rest of the game.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
He is getting some game time but clearly he is our best hooker and needs more game time. We have a couple of class players in our team and he potentially can get to that level. We need to bring him along.

Robbie should get the first 20-40 minutes and then we need Liddle on for the rest of the game.
I actually reckon ET is a better option for those first 20 mins.

Farah is very slow out of dumy half. He cannot play any positions outside of hooker and is perhaps a waste of a position.

The time for sentiment is over. a 34 year old Farah couldnt get us to the Finals last year so why would a 35 year old version be any more of a chance?

Tiger05

First Grade
I actually reckon ET is a better option for those first 20 mins.

Farah is very slow out of dumy half. He cannot play any positions outside of hooker and is perhaps a waste of a position.

The time for sentiment is over. a 34 year old Farah couldnt get us to the Finals last year so why would a 35 year old version be any more of a chance?

It's not about Farah getting us to the finals though. It's about the team getting us there. Farah has a lot of skill in his game.I don't think sentiment is why he is getting picked. He is a reliable and pretty good performer.

The problem is that hooker is a key position and Robbie although extremely skillful is behind the pace a lot and Liddle is quick.

I could understand picking ET over Robbie. ET is a quality player and Liddle is the guy who we need at dummy half for as long as possible.

To me it's been clear for a while that Liddle offers a lot more to the team than Robbie does. It's one area where Madge isn't making the best decision. Re-sign Liddle for a couple more years and give him more game time.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think RF is quicker between the ears than most of the team, albeit, slower in the legs, but all the talk is continually about other 9's, so not sure if Liddle is being seriously considered.

The unknown

Juniors
If farah goes around again liddle is going to walk. Has a few deals on the table from other clubs apparantly.

To be honest I wouldn't blame the WT if they lost Liddle, the dude has been injury prone his whole short career so far , has he even played a full 80 min game yet?

I've No doubt he would shred if he could string a few 80 min games together but until he actually does I'm not sure WT have full confidence in him just yet

Of course knowing our luck he goes to another club, never gets injured again and has a successful career as NSW and Australian #9

Last edited:
I don’t mind starting with RF but as the season progresses I would like to see JL get more and more game time, before the end of the season possibly the last 6 games I think JL should start .

Tigerm

First Grade
I don’t mind starting with RF but as the season progresses I would like to see JL get more and more game time, before the end of the season possibly the last 6 games I think JL should start .
Only if we are out of the running for top 8. The club is still duty bound to put the best team on the park until then.

simmo05

Bench
If he doesnt sign i will be ropeable. The nrl is just about out of 43 year old hookers, we would be f**ked

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'd love to see Liddle start tearing it up in first grade but being off contract presents a problem. I doubt the Tigers are going to offer him much given how ridiculously injury prone he is, but if other clubs are willing to take the risk then I guess he will have to take the opportunity.

One thing I was wondering, how much of a players medical/rehab history does a club share with other clubs? E.g. Josh Reynolds was given a very lowball offer by Bulldogs so he came over to the Tigers. I'm wondering if Bulldogs hadn't fully revealed the extent of how injury prone he was when Cleary made a play for him

Vic Mackey

Referee
The biggest thing going for us is that not many other clubs need a hooker. Really only the dogs don’t have a settled one and if he wants to kill his career by going there good luck to him. Plus apparently they’re chasing the Broncos backup.

Shredder

Juniors
Chooks came out yesterday and said we wont enter a bidding war over Lattrell.

THIS Is how you run a club. You build a roster so good across the board that even if there is appetite for someone who 2 months ago was being called the best player in the game, "we know hes worth and we arent going over"

Same thing they did with Fergo last year.

A pair or origin level players.

And we shit ourselves over Penrith having "secret talks" with someone who by rights isnt even a run on quality back.

Tiger05

First Grade
^^^^
That is exactly how it is done. You can only do that when you've developed a quality team. Players like Thompson should allow us to develop a quality team because he shouldn't be on top dollar.

I hope we sign up Aloiai and Liddle soon. Those are two guys who can also help us be a quality team.

Shredder

Juniors
Bullishit.

A quality team is what Melbourne and the Roosters have:
a good spine
tough forwards
Fast backs.

Cordner is NOT a rep forward if he plays at any other team. Hes tough and solid.

Liddle cant even get on the park and at any other club Aloiai is another depth player. If we are building a club around these two, we are f**ked. Liddle has played 33 games in the last three and a half years.

We have Brooks and thats pretty much it.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Liddle looks good. I also think Aloiai is a good player. Liddle has speed out of dummy half. Aloiai makes metres and dents the line.

I think that these are the types of players that we need.

I don't see our squad as being that bad. We are just spending too much on a couple of guys who aren't going to help us move forward. If we got rid of Packer, Reynolds and McQueen and bought in Munster and Ponga for instance we'd be a completely different team.

I just think slowly build the team up by improving the roster and I'm more concerned about retaining the right players on the right dollars than recruitment. I figure players will become available or we try and develop some top quality juniors.

Shredder

Juniors
Its not Farah love. We need better than the both of them.

If hes the best hooker at the club why have three coaches not played him consistently in first grade?
Could they have all got it wrong on him? Or was he really just that injury prone?

There is a shortage of good hookers and 5/8ths across the entire league.

Liccha is shit to, but at least hes going to front up every week

Tiger05

First Grade
Its not Farah love. We need better than the both of them.

If hes the best hooker at the club why have three coaches not played him consistently in first grade?
Could they have all got it wrong on him? Or was he really just that injury prone?

There is a shortage of good hookers and 5/8ths across the entire league.

Liccha is shit to, but at least hes going to front up every week

Sometimes it takes time. Tedesco was injured at the start of his career with us. Liddle has pace. He has some footy ability. Robbie just isn't up to it at the moment and you can see him lagging behind the play plus when Liddle comes on typically we get some go forward and speed out of dummy half.

I reckon Liddle is a guy we should be trying to retain.

Front-Rower

First Grade

You realise he only just turned 22 at the back end of last year and yes, injury hasn’t helped him.

Anyway, he showed he was more than ready early last year.

On the other side of the Liddle argument, Brooks looked much more confident in that last 12 minutes last week with Liddle on the field. Doesn’t take away the fact though we need a controlling halfback.