What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIddle has got to play NRL for the rest of 2019

Tiger05

First Grade
You realise he only just turned 22 at the back end of last year and yes, injury hasn’t helped him.

Anyway, he showed he was more than ready early last year.

On the other side of the Liddle argument, Brooks looked much more confident in that last 12 minutes last week with Liddle on the field. Doesn’t take away the fact though we need a controlling halfback.

I don't understand why people are writing him off considering his age and what he has shown us. Cook is 27. I don't think he had shown anywhere near as much as Liddle has at 22.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Madge will pick the best hooker and squad available, we are not privy to what happens behind the scenes.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don't understand why people are writing him off considering his age and what he has shown us. Cook is 27. I don't think he had shown anywhere near as much as Liddle has at 22.
I don't think many are writing him off. I think what people are saying is we don't want to throw our whole bank balance at him and have to depend on him playing 80 minutes a week because so far he has shown he cant do that.

If the dogs or someone else want to pay him overs then we might as well move on the the young Qld hooker we have signed.

In the rumours thread people are saying we need to pay reasonable amount for players and not overpay, but in this thread there is panic about losing an talented but unproven soon to be 23 year old. :rolleyes:

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think anyone is stating to throw the bank at Liddle. Surely though we can get him on a reasonable contract.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don't think anyone is stating to throw the bank at Liddle. Surely though we can get him on a reasonable contract.
I wouldn't be so sure. We can definitely offer him a reasonable contract. But there are lots of reasons why he might not except it.

Tiger05

First Grade
I wouldn't be so sure. We can definitely offer him a reasonable contract. But there are lots of reasons why he might not except it.

It depends what he is being offered elsewhere doesn't it. I just think we should sign him up. It's not like buying Cook or Smith is it.

Perth Tiger

Bench
It depends what he is being offered elsewhere doesn't it. I just think we should sign him up. It's not like buying Cook or Smith is it.
It depends on more than that though. Maybe he wants a change of scenery, maybe he doesn't like Madge's coaching style, maybe he is pissed he isn't getting enough game time, maybe he wants to play a different style than Madge wants, maybe he is pissed we signed another young hooker etc.

I agree with you, I would rather he signed with us. But to be honest I don't think it would be a disaster if he signs elsewhere. And I would rather lose him than overpay him

Tiger05

First Grade
And I would rather lose him than overpay him

I agree with this. This is what we have to stop doing.

There is clearly nothing that is a disaster at this point other than overpaying. I just think that we need to try and get the players that appear to have a good attitude and ability.

We've lost guys like JAC and Koro when we could have retained them for a while longer. Guys with speed and ability. Liddle might not be as good as those guys but he has speed and ability

Perth Tiger

Bench
An unproven 18 year old? Just more reason to beg Robbie for another year whilst this guy comes up to speed
Nice selective quoting, why didn't you quote where I said he might be pissed he is not getting enough game time. You are the only one obsessed with Farah.

As I said, I would rather keep him, but I am not going to through a tantrum if he leaves for whatever reason.

They don’t like him because they are afraid to let go.

I don't hate Liddle at all. He has shown enough to say that he can mix it in the NRL.

BUT... He's been rather injury prone for a young bloke though and he has still yet to put in for 80 minutes. He simply doesn't seem to have the motor yet.

If Liddle isn't ready to consistently play 60-80 minutes in the next four rounds without snapping in half from a light breeze, I'd be letting both him and Farah go and looking for another hooker altogether.

If Liddle isn't ready to consistently play 60-80 minutes in the next four rounds without snapping in half from a light breeze,
Good point but to defend him, if Madge thought he needed 80 minutes every few weeks he would give him 80 in reserves.

He last played 80 min on the 18 May, in reserves. 4 rounds back so it will be 5 rounds before his next game time.

The unknown

Juniors
I don't hate Liddle at all. He has shown enough to say that he can mix it in the NRL.

BUT... He's been rather injury prone for a young bloke though and he has still yet to put in for 80 minutes. He simply doesn't seem to have the motor yet.

If Liddle isn't ready to consistently play 60-80 minutes in the next four rounds without snapping in half from a light breeze, I'd be letting both him and Farah go and looking for another hooker altogether.

Only issue is the best hooker option on the market is Liicha who is waddling around in reserve grade, we desperately need Liddle to come good which I'm almost certain he will if he can stay injury free

Madge is building him up you'd think, hopefully it gets to the point where he is playing more mins than Farah by seasons end

Tiger05

First Grade
Only issue is the best hooker option on the market is Liicha who is waddling around in reserve grade, we desperately need Liddle to come good which I'm almost certain he will if he can stay injury free

The argument of just go out and buy a hooker isn't that simple is it.

Madge is building him up you'd think, hopefully it gets to the point where he is playing more mins than Farah by seasons end

I don't know what Madge is doing in relation to the hooker role. I think the best option is re-sign Liddle and bring him on slowly. Madge to me though has been making the right decisions since coming here so I suppose we have to trust him.

Fordy20

Juniors

What I'm concerned about is going into next season without a hooker signed. Karl Lawton would be better option than Lichaa and he seems stuck behind Roache and Luke at the Warriors, but it would better if we can keep Liddle. Hopefully we can re-sign him at some point this year. Like you, I expect to see him play more minutes as the season goes on. I like to think he's not getting many minutes at the moment because we're getting both Farah and Marshall to 300 in their final season together.

Hopefully sooner because you can't have a player slamming his own club. :(

Wests Tigers veteran Robbie Farah has taken aim at his own NRL club over their refusal to release Alex Twal to turn out for Lebanon during Saturday's Test against Fiji.

Farah earlier this week criticised a handful of Cedars players and their clubs for not making them available for the clash at Leichhardt Oval.
Just can't do that Robbie, you will have to meet with management on Monday re your immediate termination. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hopefully sooner because you can't have a player slamming his own club. :(

Just can't do that Robbie, you will have to meet with management on Monday re your immediate termination. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Terminating the contract of a club stalwart for wearing his heart on his sleeve is a bit of a stretch.

Btw we damn well need him coz as highly as I think of Liddle if we lose Robbie u can put ur house on it that Liddle will have a season ending injury

Latest posts