What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

life after creeping

gregstar

Referee
when creeping departs after helping us retain our title this season, what then?

is it true he's taking all the training staff with him?

to be fair, browneye didn't leave the place a basket case & creeping said as much which reflects well upon douche & the board.

but given the vacuum that will be created, & given the supporter base has finally regained the taste of success which if satiated with another title this season will surely become heightened & more demanding, douche & co have a big job on their hands.

price needs more than giving a good creeping impression at press conferences. i can see this forum lighting up in outrage if we're 0-5 at the beginning of next year.

after steady consideration, it's time to sack douche.

Tim Smith

Juniors
I have obviously have not read enough posts from 2-3 years ago...does some one mind explaining how Bennett acquired the unflattering nickname of "creeping"...thanks

Tim Smith

Juniors
When I deliver a eulogy at a funeral I generally talk about the impact and the influence the loved one has had on those who remain and how what the departed have instilled in family and friends will live on beyond the grave...in this situation while there will be grief, Bennett will be alive but departed in leading the Knights. But I am confident that what he has instilled in our team (both the players on the field and staff the off field) will live on beyond his immediate presence. The World Club Challenge was evidence of that...the boys form over the first 5 rounds with mounting speculation about 'if', 'where' and 'who' has been further evidence of it...as have players signing up to stay with the Red V.

Before the season kicked off I had an unnerving sense the wheels could come off but confidence has risen and belief that we can hold it together post Bennett has soared.

Good luck to the Knights and thanks Wayne for what you've delivered us but also what you have instilled that will live on beyond the grave.

Red_Vee

Juniors
One thing we have over many clubs is players whose passion is to don the famous Red V. Coaches will come and go but that passion remains and will always be there. Benny brought in that little spark needed to turn that passion into success and hopefully that will continue. It is up to the remaining players and staff to retain that legacy. I'm confident we are set for a generation of good times.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Jeremy Hickmans will go and the rest of the team that came with the coach but let’s consider Bennett’s legacy.
• Self-Belief: Each of our players now knows what they can do when properly coached
• Education: The boys and Price have now done more hours under Bennett’s tutelage than required by your average university degree. Their attitudes are professional their education, well on the way to being complete
• Self-discipline and professional attitude: you learn to deliver under Bennett or you don’t get a guernsey
• The team (for 2012)

1. Stanley (one of the brightest prospects in the NRL and multi-skilled)
2. Nightingale (one of best two wingers in the NRL)
3. Gasnier (great in attack, now great in defence and experienced)
4. Cooper (see above)
5. Morris (see 2)
6. Soward (Soward)
7. Hornby (Mr Consistent and improving in combinations with Creagh, et al)
8. Hunt
9. Fien
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young
14. Prior
15. Merrin
16. Green
17. Cuthbertson
18. Bosden
19. Greenfield
20. Tagive
21. Goodwin
22. Marketo

I didn’t comment on the forwards individually but who would you trade any of them for save Cam Smith for Fien. Scott was devastating on the weekend, Merrin is a bulldozer with an extra gear and an offload and is barely out of Huggies; Creagh is playing at his best and will get better even our warhorse Deano and Fien are playing better than ever.

As long as we hold this group and transitions are planned incrementally, we have an absolutely brilliant chance of staying at the top for a long time to come

Such is the legacy of Bennett to Australia’s greatest footy club. Bennett is a teacher and a mentor who took a while to bring about greatness. It’s the kind of greatness that will last.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Jeremy Hickmans will go and the rest of the team that came with the coach but let’s consider Bennett’s legacy.
• Self-Belief: Each of our players now knows what they can do when properly coached
• Education: The boys and Price have now done more hours under Bennett’s tutelage than required by your average university degree. Their attitudes are professional their education, well on the way to being complete
• Self-discipline and professional attitude: you learn to deliver under Bennett or you don’t get a guernsey
• The team (for 2012)

1. Stanley (one of the brightest prospects in the NRL and multi-skilled)
2. Nightingale (one of best two wingers in the NRL)
3. Gasnier (great in attack, now great in defence and experienced)
4. Cooper (see above)
5. Morris (see 2)
6. Soward (Soward)
7. Hornby (Mr Consistent and improving in combinations with Creagh, et al)
8. Hunt
9. Fien
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young
14. Prior
15. Merrin
16. Green
17. Cuthbertson
18. Bosden
19. Greenfield
20. Tagive
21. Goodwin
22. Marketo

I didn’t comment on the forwards individually but who would you trade any of them for save Cam Smith for Fien. Scott was devastating on the weekend, Merrin is a bulldozer with an extra gear and an offload and is barely out of Huggies; Creagh is playing at his best and will get better even our warhorse Deano and Fien are playing better than ever.

As long as we hold this group and transitions are planned incrementally, we have an absolutely brilliant chance of staying at the top for a long time to come

Such is the legacy of Bennett to Australia’s greatest footy club. Bennett is a teacher and a mentor who took a while to bring about greatness. It’s the kind of greatness that will last.

You forgot Cameron King. If this kid can stay healthy he will be a player of the future. That's a big if though as he had shoulder surgery last year then tore his pectoral muscle in the world club challenge.

Smoove_Saint

Juniors
We will compete next year... but the downhill will begin to an effect,
its just the way it goes!!
I know Bennett will not coach forever, thus it had to end, but f**k me if any of you dont think him and his support staff leaving wont change much!

Minh

First Grade
One of the big concerns is the imminent departure of Boyd along with Bennett, if we retained Boyd I would be more confident, since Boyd is the third playmaker in our team and retaining him would provide a smoother transition. As good as Kyle Stanley is he is a different style of footballer and it may take some time for us to click, I reckon we'd still be one of the top 4 teams though.

gregstar

Referee
totally agree.

creeping departing is a little disappointing. boyd leaving is akin to trying to replace lockyer.

unless something radically goes astray, boyd will become an out-an-out champion.

to_ddeath

Coach
The very thought of a K.Stanley at 1 & a C.King at 9 (possibly) is drool worthy in itself. Could be a very dangerous combo if we can keep them fitter than they have been to date. Although Kings injury is a rare & incredibly unlucky one....

T.

Cagey Mac

Bench
You forgot Cameron King. If this kid can stay healthy he will be a player of the future. That's a big if though as he had shoulder surgery last year then tore his pectoral muscle in the world club challenge.

You're right and he's not the only one that I forgot, vis a vis, Mitch Rein ; I also agree with comments about King as a great prospect

Boyd took a while to settle in and I concur that the loss of Boyd of the future will be a massive loss indeed. His kicks in play, passing game and intercept try on Sunday were absolutely superb. I think that we're set for a brilliant 2011 and that two in a row should be very short odds

gregstar

Referee
boyd is strong in all aspects of the game.

but it's his vision that is over & above any player we currently have.

it's this vision that makes darren lockyer a great.

this is a premiership-winning component that can cover for deficiencies in other areas. it also is a component that ongoing competition dominance can be built around.

we are losing potentially the finest player of the next generation of footballers.

boyd is strong in all aspects of the game.

but it's his vision that is over & above any player we currently have.

it's this vision that makes darren lockyer a great.

this is a premiership-winning component that can cover for deficiencies in other areas. it also is a component that ongoing competition dominance can be built around.

we are losing potentially the finest player of the next generation of footballers.

I really think Doust should pull out all stops to resign Boyd, still so young at 23, could develop Storm spine with the likes of Stanley, King and Boyd?

Divine

Bench
"we are losing potentially the finest player of the next generation of footballers..." And keeping one.
11279td.jpg

God-King Dean

Immortal
If Boyd stays.... I think the only way Cooper will stay in the team after this season is if he play off the bench.

We can't have Stanley playing 20-30 minutes at hooker for years, & have King rotting in reserve grade or going to another club.

Coops will have a 10 year concession on him after this season so hopefully something can be worked out.

gregstar

Referee
"we are losing potentially the finest player of the next generation of footballers..." And keeping one.
11279td.jpg
young stanley has a long, long, long way to go to reach boyd. that is in no way to state he can't. boyd has the attributes that separate him from the top-class players that currently run around in the comp.

but if you had a choice between a proven class player who is still only 23 & on the cusp of becoming the dominant player within the comp, and a promising rookie, who would you rather?

you can see a mile away that boyd will be the next lockyer.

at this stage stanley is promise & god knows we've had our fair share of that over the last 20 years.

a boyd in the hand.

Latest posts