What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life after Tahu

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I have heard from a couple of different sources that Steve Bell may not stay at Manly after this season. Not sure how true this is or why it is the case but he would be a very good replacement for Tahu. At least he is a real centre but he may also be very pricey.

However as a lot of others have said our priorities should be 2 hard nosed, aggressive forwards. If we sign Vaeliki and no one else I will be so angry

cardinal

Juniors
Has the storm got Matt King signed past 07? He was an eels supporter as a young bloke , might be interested in coming back to Sydney.

dazeely

First Grade
cardinal said:
Has the storm got Matt King signed past 07? He was an eels supporter as a young bloke , might be interested in coming back to Sydney.

wheres the gals (Hellsy & Co.) when you need them. They would have the answers when it comes to him I'm sure.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:

I'm certain he's tied up long term.

but i would love Bell at the club.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I'm certain he's tied up long term.

but i would love Bell at the club.

So would I.

If anyone knows his way to the tryline, it's that bloke.

Suity

V1er

Juniors
Might do a double signing and sign david valakie and ashley graham to be our centres next year :p

Freak2

Juniors
There is no marque centres in the game except for Gaz so I would be more interested in a big prop that can win you a premiership.

Shrek would be good but Jason Cayless would be better!!

Phillips

Referee
Avenger said:
How's Luke Lewis as a replacement?

i like luke lewis, he's a good player.. obviously not in the form he was in 03. but the panthers are a very different side now (eg. sh*te)

i would love steve bell here...class centre, although he is almost 30 now i think?

caylo

Bench
hineyrulz said:
Very good side, Its wonderful to dream.

That forward pack would put the fear of God into every team. Look at the dogs last year, they had hopless backs, and halves most of the year. Tonga Pattern El-Magic, they are an above average backline, nothing special tough (bar tonga, even then his season was poor). These guys only did well because of their forward pack, Ours would be better than that on if we got ODonnell and OMealy. Even if (worst case senario) Grothe is not in the backline we would have
Reddy
Lett
Hayne
Smith
Inu

that is a good backline, inexperianced but behind a good forward pack would domionate, im sure of it. Splash Tahu cash at Omealy, plus if grothe leaves, and the cap increase we could go after ODonnell. They are worth paying 400+ for each. Imagine, basiclly an international pack

Y2Eel

First Grade
Parraletic said:
I got 2 words for ya....... KRISNAN INU!
Damn straight...

FFS why cant we develop our juniors past Premier league??

We have guys like INU, Mateo ect kicking it in the prem leaqgue but cant make the step up..
Similar situation with Tonga was killing it in premier league wasnt really the best in his few first grade chances then joins the dogs and was great...

Then there is Tim Smith excelled in premier league had a good season first up but went to where....

Is it the way they train the guys or something?

Latest posts