What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life after Tahu

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mark O'meley and Luke O'donnel should be definate targets, Plus i would play Tahu on the wing and Give INU!! a run in the centres.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Avenger said:
What do we do now?

1. Do we accept that this year is a rebuilding year and place Tahu on the wing and allow a player like Inu to play centre? I say no, but I would be tempted.

2. Do we buy a replacement centre ? I say Yes. Hodges. If Vaealiki is the replacement I will admit myself to the nuthouse.

3. Whatever happens we will have $hitloads of money to spend next year.

First priority... win the f**king title this year!

In terms of next year & beyond:

We top up Hayne's contract & lock him in long term. Then we go hard after a marquee forward or two for next year (eg. MOM and Fa'alogo).

Once the forward pack is strengthened, either Inu or Lett will easily fill the void in the backline if they're playing behind a forward pack that actually goes forward, but there is no need to fast-track them through the system before they're ready. If the forward pack gets dominated, then there you're not going to get your investment out of another top $$$ centre anyway.

strider

Post Whore
and lets not forget there is a fluffy kitten just ready to pounce :lol: :lol: ..... oh man - how badly did we all cream ourselves over him :lol:

Avenger

Immortal
Mark O'Meley and O'Donnell go forward. With this being Wagon and I. Hindmarsh's last year imagine this:

13. Taia/Mateo

12. O'Donnell

11. Hindmarsh

10. Cayless

9. Marsh

8. O'Meley

with Fui coming off the bench.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jodeci said:
Brent Tate, give me a break Eela.

I'm surprised u didn't say Robert Muchmore.

Fairdinkum

you don't have to like him...:lol: they are plenty that do, including Australian selectors.

he wouldn't be my ideal choice but I defintely wouldn't knock him back.

Avenger said:
Mark O'Meley and O'Donnell go forward. With this being Wagon and I. Hindmarsh's last year imagine this:

13. Taia/Mateo

12. O'Donnell

11. Hindmarsh

10. Cayless

9. Marsh

8. O'Meley

with Fui coming off the bench.

I just splashed my dacks.

i think we should try and sign

Luke O'donnel
Mark O'Meley
Brent Tate

of coarse we do we lost about 10 players in 06 we have tahu leaving and the salary cap rises so if the recruitment get off the arse and sign some decent players and stop getting crap players we should be able to sign them who agrees

1.Luke Burt
2.Jarryd Hayne
3.Brent Tate
4.Krisnan Inu
5.Eric Grothe
6.Brett Finch
7.Tim Smith
8.Nathan Cayless
9.Mark Riddell
10.Mark O'Meley
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
12.Chad Robinson
13.Luke O'Donnell

14.PJ Marsh
15.Feleti Mateo
16.Fuifui Moimoi
17.Josh Cordoba

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Avenger said:
I take the point re: the need for forwards , maybe we should go all out for O'Meley and O'Donnell now.

Bloody oat we need forwards. Our current cream puffs must be a laughing stock to the opposition.

MrT

Juniors
parramatta_eels_123 said:
i think we should try and sign

Luke O'donnel
Mark O'Meley
Brent Tate

of coarse we do we lost about 10 players in 06 we have tahu leaving and the salary cap rises so if the recruitment get off the arse and sign some decent players and stop getting crap players we should be able to sign them who agrees

1.Luke Burt
2.Jarryd Hayne
3.Brent Tate
4.Krisnan Inu
5.Eric Grothe
6.Brett Finch
7.Tim Smith
8.Nathan Cayless
9.Mark Riddell
10.Mark O'Meley
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
12.Chad Robinson
13.Luke O'Donnell

14.PJ Marsh
15.Feleti Mateo
16.Fuifui Moimoi
17.Josh Cordoba

Where did Ben Smith go? Did he get run over or something?

Phillips

Referee
Avenger said:
2. Do we buy a replacement centre ? I say Yes. Hodges. If Vaealiki is the replacement I will admit myself to the nuthouse.

anyone have a list of the backs that are off contract for next season?

aslong as we dont sign Brent Tate...

ordinary footballer, how he played for australia and continues to do so... is beyond me

caylo

Bench
definatly go for MOM, and Luke O'Donnell. Dont worry about centres we have jouniors who should come through. Also tie up grothe now.
Hayne/Inu
Lett
Inu/Hayne
Smith
Grothe(if he goes, reddy to fullback, Inu on the wing and hanye in the centres)
Finch
Timmy(if he goes, i dunno what i would do)
Cayless
Riddell
MOM
Hindy
Taia
ODonnell

Marsh
Mateo
Fuifui
Fa'aoso

hineyrulz

Post Whore
caylo said:
definatly go for MOM, and Luke O'Donnell. Dont worry about centres we have jouniors who should come through. Also tie up grothe now.
Hayne/Inu
Lett
Inu/Hayne
Smith
Grothe(if he goes, reddy to fullback, Inu on the wing and hanye in the centres)
Finch
Timmy(if he goes, i dunno what i would do)
Cayless
Riddell
MOM
Hindy
Taia
ODonnell

Marsh
Mateo
Fuifui
Fa'aoso
Very good side, Its wonderful to dream.

Utey

Coach
*sigh* The depth a lot of people used to brag about seems very paper thin! We'll get by though.

I don't think Tate would be in the mix...

But we definitely need to make a play for ODonnell!

Chin up guys! Who remembers when 05 looked shaky! Out comes Big Benny and Tim, we have a cracker of a season. Its a long time from now till then.

Pazza

First Grade
1.Hayne
2.Utai
3.Inu
4.Smith
5.Grothe
6.Finch
7.Smith
8.Cayless
9.Marsh
10.O'merley
11.Hinmarsh
12.????? (hardworker in D who can actually cart the ball forward, i'd love LOD but $$$$)
13.Riddell

15.Moi Moi
16.Mateo
17.Cordoba

Eelementary

Post Whore
Luke O'Donnell
Mark O'Meley

Then we can focus on backs.

I mean Adam Mogg played Origin, for crying out loud...

Latest posts