What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life's simple pleasures

astrogirl

First Grade
Here are mine:

1. Riding my bike - I love the feeling of speed and the breeze in my face.

2. Cooking - I love it, whether it be just for me or for friends. Tonight, a simple soup with pork, Chinese melon and tofu.

3. Finding a good, easy book to read.

Sometimes life can get pretty damn busy and I have to remind myself of the little things that make me happy :D

Doctor

Bench
astrogirl said:
1. Riding my bike - I love the feeling of speed and the breeze in my face.

Pushbike? Good choice. So is a motorbike... nothing like cruising the freeways, wind in your face, knees to the breeze at 100kph. :cool:

Sometimes life can get pretty damn busy and I have to remind myself of the little things that make me happy :D

Good idea -- very straight-forward but refreshing.

Frederick

Staff member
Being able to just roll around in bed for as long as possible, without having to worry about being up and at uni or at work...just like today - I didn't bother getting out of bed until around 1 :D

astrogirl

First Grade
Oswin said:
Pushbike? Good choice. So is a motorbike... nothing like cruising the freeways, wind in your face, knees to the breeze at 100kph. :cool:
Yep, a pushbike. I'd be a menace on a motorbike! I'd love that too I'm sure! Or even a vespa! :D

Stranger

Coach
Captain_Fred said:
Being able to just roll around in bed for as long as possible, without having to worry about being up and at uni or at work...just like today - I didn't bother getting out of bed until around 1 :D

Ohhh yeah! Love the holidays!

Spending time with my mates and GF, doing whatever we feel like...

I hate really 'formal' type stuff, so doing whatever i want when i want is something that i love, that dont happen to often.

Jedda

Juniors
Snuggling up in bed on a wet and wild day knowing you don't have to go anywhere.

Going to the movies. There's nothing like getting lost in an alternate reality for a couple of hours.

Spending the day at the beach or park with the sun shining and a good book.

Thanks for the thread Astro, you've just made my day.:)

Risa

Bench
Sleeping in on a weekend till 9, 9.30 because I just love to!

Spending time with my new man, because it's at the really cool stage atm.

Going to the footy and forgetting the world for a while.

My mian release is the footy.

I love just leaving all my problems and hassles at the gate and getting lost in a different universe for 5 or 6 hours a week. The footy also allows me to take on a completely different personality than the one I have to wear all week at work... the 'me' I am at the footy is the 'real me', not the 'teacher me'.

I swear it's the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes.

astrogirl

First Grade
Jedda said:
Snuggling up in bed on a wet and wild day knowing you don't have to go anywhere.

Going to the movies. There's nothing like getting lost in an alternate reality for a couple of hours.

Spending the day at the beach or park with the sun shining and a good book.

Thanks for the thread Astro, you've just made my day.:)
Aww no worries. Thinking about this stuff makes me smile. Sleeping in on a cold, rainy day is pretty tops tooo. And I like Risa's new man one as well - that's always great.

Parki

Bench
I love football

I love yelling at the top of my lungs and not caring what anybody else thinks

I love sitting at the beach and reminding myself of my home, my heritage

I love watching a movie that really inspires me to think, and makes me challenge my beliefs and ideals at the end of it

les norton

First Grade
Tickling my munch until his giggle turns into a full blown bellie laugh with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Jumping on a trampoline, i havent done it in years but completely hogged my mates one on the weekend...loved it.

All the bed ones....a huge ditto.

A great coffee.

A hug from my mum.

When my ex and i split tristan took to writing i love my mum on yellow postits...and placing them in weird and wonderful places around our house. At the time it made me sad that i had brought him to a point where he felt like he needed to lift me up...every now and then i find one now and they just make me smile and cry.

*melliez*

Juniors
Anything that Mikaylah does.. perfect example yesterday she pulled herself up from her rocker without any help (except for using my hands to pull herself up) yesterday! I was so proud of her I nearly cried. So now I have realised she will probably never crawl!

Staying in bed relaxing even more so now because it is very rare that I do get to completely relax with work and Mikaylah.

Shopping... Can't think of anything I love doing more, except watching Mikaylah, the downfall of shopping, having to find somewhere to park!

A hug, they are the best!

astrogirl

First Grade
You must be such a tops mum les, to raise Tristan :D

Hey Mel, I heard it's not that unusual for babies to miss the crawling stage!

Stranger

Coach
les norton said:
When my ex and i split tristan took to writing i love my mum on yellow postits...and placing them in weird and wonderful places around our house. At the time it made me sad that i had brought him to a point where he felt like he needed to lift me up...every now and then i find one now and they just make me smile and cry.

Awwww :cry:

This may be a strange one, but im not a fan of movies with a major story line. I hate 'getting lost' in a movie for a long time.
Id rather just watch a comedy have a few deacent belly laughs and get it over with :D

NC

Juniors
Just watching my nephew grow as each day goes by. Just playing with him or watching him will put a smile on my face no matter how bad a day I'm having. Yesterday was his 1st birthday, time has definitely grown by quickly but I pretty much can remember everything from his 1st yr. He had an assessment yesterday and he is 6 months advanced, not suprised at all actually.

astrogirl

First Grade
Stranger said:
This may be a strange one, but im not a fan of movies with a major story line. I hate 'getting lost' in a movie for a long time.
Id rather just watch a comedy have a few deacent belly laughs and get it over with :D
That's a bit similar to my comment about reading - I like a good easy read where I don't have to keep track of a lot of detail.

*melliez*

Juniors
astrogirl said:
Hey Mel, I heard it's not that unusual for babies to miss the crawling stage!

Yeah apparently I missed it, or only crawled for a month or so (my Mum can't remember).

Yesterday was his 1st birthday, time has definitely grown by quickly but I pretty much can remember everything from his 1st yr.

I know how quick it goes, I can't believe Mikaylah is nearly 8 months old!

I love just listening to music and stuff, best way to pass time, i also love hanging out with friends and things like that.