What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lima gone?

Kells

Juniors
i read on: http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com.au/A...t_to_last_the_Storm_formula_for_success_.aspx

"Sure they'll lose more stars next year - Steve Turner (Bulldogs), Will Chambers (rugby union), Joseph Tomane (Titans) and possibly Jeff Lima (linked to a release) - but their under 20s side is flying."

so looks like we might release lima to somewhere else. at first i was shocked but when i think about it i think the club is doing the right thing if it happens. as good as he is next yr he is 28 and with sika manu, vea, proctor, bromwich coming on then i think we r better off to let him go and make more room in the salary cap to keep our young guns from the u20s.

dont get me wrong - i love lima but the best thing in the long term is to cut him loose now and keep developing and retaining our young guns. just like we have done with crokcer, j smith, b cross etc

so if he does end up going then lets hope he finishes his time at the club well!

Kells

Juniors
also on the rumor thread it says lima is linked to the wests tigers and that he is looking at returning to Sydney

so looks like its def gonna happen

Evenflow

Bench
I read not so long ago it was the Rabbits. Either way it's not going to happen unless he's been granted a release from the Storm, if they do let him go i'm sure they'll have something up their sleeve in regards to replacing him. Whether it be a new signing or an under 20's player stepping up to fill the breach.

LESStar58

Referee
It was in RLW this week. He signed for 2 years at the end of 07 after rejecting an advance from Canterbury. So his time's up.

Noa

First Grade
It was in RLW this week. He signed for 2 years at the end of 07 after rejecting an advance from Canterbury. So his time's up.

I think you'll find he re-signed last year for 3, Less. I remember the dogs were after him hard just before SBW called it quits

According to http://dazrl.awardspace.info/ he still has 2 years to go.

Fine with this, the young props we have coming through is ridikulus.

Fanene
Kali
J.Bromwich
K.Bromwich
Jordan Macleen
Theo Stuart
Sam Martin

Evenflow

Bench
Lima re-signed early to mid last year to take his contract through to the end of 2011.

Edit: Just a bit slow i was.

Last edited:

Kells

Juniors
doesnt matter what his contract is - the storm will RELEASE him from whatever deal he has to go play elsewhere. hes been great but at 28 and young guns coming thru its time to go.

will miss ya super impact off the bench bro! :nwave:

Evenflow

Bench
doesnt matter what his contract is - the storm will RELEASE him from whatever deal he has to go play elsewhere. hes been great but at 28 and young guns coming thru its time to go.

will miss ya super impact off the bench bro! :nwave:

Nobody said it mattered what the contract is, was just clarifying what the terms were. I also mentioned in my earlier post he won't be going anywhere unless the club grants him a RELEASE.

Kells

Juniors
they will give him a release esp after he took a huge pay cut to stay rather than go to the dogs

lol just heard lima in an interview:

reporter - "so jeff whats the plan for the game?"
lima- "i just do what the coach says"
reporter - "whats he say for you to do?"
lima - "run hard jeff haha"

hahahaha oh hes gold all round!

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tandy when talking about our props next year. Is he signed? Because judging from last weeks performance he could be a damn good prop.

Evenflow

Bench
Lima definitely wants out...looks like the Warriors were after him but he turned them down.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/2907291/Warriors-miss-out-on-Jeff-Lima

Don't believe everything you read in the papers ;-)

I'm not leaving Storm, insists Lima

September 28, 2009 - 3:05PM

Several Melbourne players will have their last game in a Storm jersey in Sunday's NRL grand final but prop Jeff Lima is adamant he's not one of them.

The 27-year-old New Zealand international has been linked with a move to Wests Tigers, which would ease the pressure on the Storm's salary cap.
However Lima said on Monday he was staying put and got a laugh out of the story when he read it in a magazine last week. "I don't know where you've got that from, I've got two more years with the club," Lima said.
"That's the first I've heard of it, when I saw it in Rugby League Week last week and I thought it was pretty funny."

Lima, the club's joker, left a few journalists scratching their heads at the Storm's media open day on Monday when he switched identities with fellow prop Adam Blair and he also jested Blair may be responsible for his rumoured departure.

"It was probably Adam who said something stupid to the media about it," Lima said. Plucked from the relative obscurity of rugby league in France in 2006, Lima will be lining up for his third grand final with the Storm.

He said that the Melbourne coaching staff, led by Craig Bellamy, had the a rare ability to create stars from average players. "The coaching staff seem to teach us things that turn stars into superstars and part-timers into stars.

"When I first came to Melbourne I didn't know what was going on," he said.
"I thought I was playing good football but it obviously wasn't good enough.
"They sat me down and told me the things I need to improve to be a better player and a better person. "You've just got to listen to what they say and work hard and it pays off."

T

Juniors
well i guess its his word against his managers? I dont think jeff would come out in the lead up to a grand final and announce he wants out

H0ust

Juniors
I've been up in Sydney with Arana Taumata and he said that Lima's basically off to the Tiges, their holding on with the announcement until after the grand final in order to unsettle the Storm boys and keep the focus on the team as a whole.

He's a loss for us but with all our young forwards coming through, its the right decision for him and the club.

Kells

Juniors
I've been up in Sydney with Arana Taumata and he said that Lima's basically off to the Tiges, their holding on with the announcement until after the grand final in order to unsettle the Storm boys and keep the focus on the team as a whole.

He's a loss for us but with all our young forwards coming through, its the right decision for him and the club.

thanks 4 the info - yeh its a good call by the storm as he's 28 and we got kids comin thru we need to keep and give game time to. will def miss him but

him and aj will have a ball at the tigers together!

H0ust

Juniors
thanks 4 the info - yeh its a good call by the storm as he's 28 and we got kids comin thru we need to keep and give game time to. will def miss him but

him and aj will have a ball at the tigers together!

Haha yeah, its interesting to note though that AJ said that at the Tigers training there was different to Melbourne training and things were done differently.

May explain why we are going for our 4th GF and the Tiges are left to ask what happened to their year again lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts