What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

ImTheMan

Juniors
I don't see Dutton being the long term solution for the Coalition. I think someone else from the hard right can become PM again but Dutton doesn't have enough of a personality.
Fair enough, I think he still wins. A bit stoic sure, but as long as you don't have Miles personality you are good to go with current circumstances imo, but we will come back to this post in a few months. It's closer than the other race, you could be right that it's a minority Albo government but I will back myself.

*Sips Suntory*
Cheers!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Fair enough, I think he still wins. A bit stoic sure, but as long as you don't have Miles personality you are good to go with current circumstances imo, but we will come back to this post in a few months. It's closer than the other race, you could be right that it's a minority Albo government but I will back myself.

*Sips Suntory*
Cheers!
I vote Liberal and will vote Potato, but I just cant see it I'm afraid. He is like Gutho. A solid 7/10 but is ultimately playing checkers while his opponents are playing chess.

ImTheMan

Juniors
I vote Liberal and will vote Potato, but I just cant see it I'm afraid. He is like Gutho. A solid 7/10 but is ultimately playing checkers while his opponents are playing chess.
Fair enough take, I naively believe in the voters to look at policy in a party at the given time. But with compulsory voting in Australia in 2024, low attention spans produce with some people an ambivalence and it may as well just come down to the memes they consume on the day. Which is good in some ways that (up until now) we could be so blasé as a country. Life is for living and enjoying, but I feel more people will tick the opposition as a compulsory casual voter that is usually ambivalent. These ones may do so as a protest to the current economy. Every average rando is angry about it these days.

I will add that I'm sure some new policies are being withheld until the election is called, don't want Albo stealing more beforehand like allegedly slashing immigration in half.

*Sips Suntory*
Cheers!

Last edited:

ImTheMan

Juniors
"A Michigan man used an an all-terrain vehicle to run over and critically injure an 80-year-old man who was putting a Trump sign in his yard, in what police have described as a politically motivated attack."

#Unhingedviolentleft

"Before targeting the elderly man, police say, the suspect vandalised two parked vehicles, smashing the windows of one that displayed a Trump sticker, and damaging the tyres of another that had a sticker supporting police."

*Sips Canadian Club*
Cheers!

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Fair enough take, I naively believe in the voters to look at policy in a party at the given time. But with compulsory voting in Australia in 2024, low attention spans produce with some people an ambivalence and it may as well just come down to the memes they consume on the day. Which is good in some ways that (up until now) we could be so blasé as a country. Life is for living and enjoying, but I feel more people will tick the opposition as a compulsory casual voter that is usually ambivalent. These ones may do so as a protest to the current economy. Every average rando is angry about it these days.

I will add that I'm sure some new policies are being withheld until the election is called, don't want Albo stealing more beforehand like allegedly slashing immigration in half.

*Sips Suntory*
Cheers!
Yep. Economy is a definite factor. Its certainly one area where Albo could be vulnerable, even if the current shit sandwich isn't completely his fault.

A lot of shit to go under the bridge before the next election though. Hopefully a few more people will cotton on to Albo being a dirty f**ken rabbits fan. But in fairness, at least he supports a team. Dutton looks like he spends his past time wearing his mother's skin.

ImTheMan

Juniors

"In a rare moment of Hollywood candor, Dana Brunetti — who has produced The Social Network, Captain Phillips, and the Fifty Shades of Grey movies — revealed that many Democrats in the entertainment industry secretly don’t want Kamala Harris to be the party’s nominee but won’t say so publicly for fear of being called racist and sexist."

Tale as old as time.

"Despite her numerous cheerleaders in the news media, Harris has remained stubbornly unpopular with voters on both sides of the divide, consistently polling lower than the massively unpopular Biden. Her 2020 presidential campaign was a notorious flop, with Harris forced to bow out early in the primaries after failing to ignite interest from her own party."

*Sips Gronk's Fear*
Cheers!

Lol.

Harris was the obvious alternate candidate under these circumstances for many reasons. The lack of other quality options in the primaries is why the Democrats were left with Biden, and gave them no other choice than Harris with less than four months left.

The Trump campaign is right to be scared - she'll do better than Biden would have, and will bring people who didn't want to vote for geriatric white men into the voting equation.

But given Biden's f**k-up in hanging on for a second term for way too long, Harris will be doing good if she can stop the Republicans winning control of Senate/Congress, even if Trump prevails to the White House.