What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lincoln Withers Canberra bound?¿?

MC

Juniors
Saints are set to release Lincon Withers from the remaining year of his contract. The Raiders are interested in his services for the next possible 4 years.

Brimmer

Juniors
Beat me to it!!!!! I think thats good mail! We should get on it! Lincoln Withers offers so much to a team. He can fit in anywhere.

thickos

First Grade
Brilliant! We'll be paying more now than when we let him go but he's a tough little bastard and a great utility. Bring him back I say :clap:

Brimmer

Juniors
Just a thought... where does that leave Marty? The majority of people here have conceded he probably isn't our halfback option.

I for one think somebody like lincoln withers would offer more than Marty in the utility stakes.

paulquinn49

Bench
cool now we have 19 halfbacks and benchies.

Can he play prop?

Carney to flegg wouldnt hurt, release Zillman

brenno

Juniors
paulquinn49 said:
cool now we have 19 halfbacks and benchies.

Can he play prop?

Carney to flegg wouldnt hurt, release Zillman

lol.. Seriously though i think he could be a decent utility for the Raiders. Dare i say much better than both Mclinden, Lawrence & Tongue could be. Withers is a great defender and he's more of 9 to me than those guys. I'd welcome him back. Mclinden is more of a halves utility and in the backs. I honestly think that he sucks at hooker while Tongue is more of a undersized backrower.

Edwahu

Bench
If he can handle coming off the bench for a year he could be a good replacement for Germ. Then again we have got Luke Jay coming through.

reptar

Juniors
Then we better release him to the Roosters now...

No, we have to wait until mid season, and until he's starting to establish himself in first grade. Only then can we shoot ourselves in the foot so effectively.

woodgers

Bench
WHAT!!!!!!!!!

Withers hasn't even done 1 stint in England. This is a farce.

In other news Jamie Lyon is a Raiders player but we have asked him to go overseas and do some time. He is due back when he is 31.

Anonymous

Juniors
Linc is a superb player now, far better than when we had him last.

He's a tackling machine would be an excellent reserve.

I could see a side:

6-McLinden
7-Smith

16-Withers
17-Carney

With Withers and Germ interchanging, maybe Linc even getting in the backrow a bit.

brenno

Juniors
Withers in the back row? Good god, and most people think Alan Tongue is too small for the backrow. jeez..

I think it will go something like this:-
Smith may be used as a 7 throughout the season although, he will be named in the 6.

6. Smith
7. Carney

14. Mclinden or Withers due to form, injury, suspension etc...

Mclinden offers more in attack but, Withers is a much better defender and can play hooker better than marty.

Kris_man

Bench
We're starting to act as if we've already got him, and whether he'd be useful or not. he'd be bloody awesome - he can take over from Germ once he's gone, plus he's great utility value should someone get injured, suspended, our just out of form, all of which will happen at some point.
I don't know anything about Luke Jay apart from that he's played Flegg all of this year, and won't be ready for firsts next year, especially with a coach like Matty.

Greenblooded

Juniors
I really rate Withers, he hits well above his weight, and his service from dummy half for the Drag queens has been superb.

brenno

Juniors
Dont know about that being a simple solution. It makes the Raiders backrow one of the smallest and oldest in the comp. Mclinden is too small for a 5/8th defensively (i know preston campbell plays there as well but he puts his body on the line like he's 6 '6 and 120kg.) It also puts alot of pressure on Carney to guide the team around the park. Elliott won't play Carney in the halves unless Smith is there also i believe. Otherwise, it's not a bad looking combo.

Latest posts