What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lincoln Withers Canberra bound?¿?

woodgers

Bench
That first team that won it was a cracking schoolboys side. Remember names like Royston Lightning, Ben Rauter amongst others. Todd Payten was much skinnier and a top notch player.

ball boy

Bench
the second one didnt have the big names but were as good the only other player from that year that when on to 1st grade was kite i think

Edwahu

Bench
Villasanti was in the same side as Payten I think. I think Finch was in the same side as Kite as well.

Brimmer

Juniors
From Grandstand Forums:

Quote:
I was at school today and to my shock a departing Dragon was there. So we got talking and i was with my mate whose a Tigers fan. So i said to the Dragon "Don't worry about him he is a Tiger" to which the player replied "Looks like you will be getting Lincoln back."

Then the coversation continued, with me asking about Ennis. He said that the club think he will be a 80-minute player and don't want to leave Withers in the lurch.

So to my disgust it appears that the Mole story is true.

b&wdynamite

Juniors
Sorry boys, I had the same thread going on the tigers site. I think your earlier threads are right, withers will come back to the raiders - at age 31. ;-)

thickos

First Grade
Lincoln played in the 2000 semi final loss for us at hooker to cover Germ when he was suspended. So yes, he is a hooker, but has ability to play a roving utility role.

MC

Juniors
The story orginated from RLW, but during my travels yesterday i ran into a departing Saints player and had a chat. He mentioned that Withers would be off to the Tigers next year. Furhter investigation from myself had found that you guys have offered hima 4-year deal.

Time will tell

edabomb

First Grade
I think we give our recruitment team a little too much credit. However, I would happily eat my words.

Raider_69

Post Whore
wouldnt mind him but he isnt needed
a prop is what we desperatly need, Paul Stringer would have gone down alright

Tidus_Raider

Bench
raiders_lover_18 said:
i think germ has almost done his time and i would rather withers to take over for 06. i.e. woolford :arrow: england

I agree. I think Woolford should look to England at the end of next year.

greeneyed

First Grade
I don't rate Withers as a target, to be honest. Would be nice to have him back as he is a junior, but our future is elsewhere now.

Kris_man

Bench
how could anyone not want withers at the raiders?? crazy.
anyway, it seems like the Tigers and the Raiders are going to be fighting for Wither's signature. we've lost just about all our recruitment battles this year (because that's what they basically are: two teams literally in competition for a prize, the prize being the player): amos roberts, ruben wiki, joel monaghan, brent kite, the list goes on. we need to win this one at all costs. We need to get Withers.

greeneyed

First Grade
I would accept Withers back in the club of course. But if we have to get in a bidding war with the Tigers... I would rather not. Let him go to the Tigers if he wants to. He is not a priority signing given our current squad.