What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lincoln Withers Canberra bound?¿?

Kris_man

Bench
Raiders forwards depth = good. Michael Howell has proven to be up to first grade standard, sp there's another one who can be added to my list above. greeneyed, you forgot that J Smith can double as a back rower. and to me, it doesn't matter that Toots is old - Wiki and Davics, they were just as old. actually, i think that's part of the reason we let them go, we didn't want too many aging players on long term contracts.

azza

Juniors
kris_man said:
Raiders forwards depth = good. Michael Howell has proven to be up to first grade standard, sp there's another one who can be added to my list above. greeneyed, you forgot that J Smith can double as a back rower. and to me, it doesn't matter that Toots is old - Wiki and Davics, they were just as old. actually, i think that's part of the reason we let them go, we didn't want too many aging players on long term contracts.

Would be flawless logic except for the fact we replaced them with two equally as old and possibly more injury prone players... although only on one year contracts it is a big risk

Edwahu

Bench
If Rhino doesnt step up next year we will be in big big trouble. Weyman has to play the whole season as well and we will need a big lift from the rest of our backrowers. Compare our backrow to the better sides and we really struggle.

Bay56

First Grade
Edwahu said:
If Rhino doesnt step up next year we will be in big big trouble. Weyman has to play the whole season as well and we will need a big lift from the rest of our backrowers. Compare our backrow to the better sides and we really struggle.

ed you speak wisely ...

From what I have seen of Rhino this season he is not the impact player he was last season. If he doesnt step up we are a forward short of a six pack.

Weymann has had a very promising start to his career. But he is injury prone. That plus the fact that opposition coaches will have worked him out by now will mean that he will not have the same sort of impact that we saw in the Warriors game.

Add to that a couple of replacements that have not played NRL for some 5 seasons with the baggage of age and injury means that we will most prob be vunerable in the forward department.

[quote="Bay56]
Weymann has had a very promising start to his career. But he is injury prone. That plus the fact that opposition coaches will have worked him out by now will mean that he will not have the same sort of impact that we saw in the Warriors game.
[/quote]

Im sure Weyman will have a massive impact if he stays on the field. It is not physically possible to put in an equal performance to that of the Warriors every game but a gurantee. He won't let us down!

Simon

Juniors
Apparently the Dragons are now going after Willie Manu from Souths. If this happens it seems as if the Tyran Smith deal will fall through. Where this leaves Withers and Canberra I don't know. Maybe Souths might want him. But as a Dragons fan I'm pretty happy cause Manu is younger then Smith. Either way I hope we get Manu or Smith.

Kris_man

Bench
I think one problem with Rhino's game is that he doesn't have an offload which most other top-line props have now. It wouldn't really matter if he was making the type of metres that a Davico or Martin lang would make, but unfortunately he's not making those kind of metres. He's still a good first-grade prop, but in my opinion he's still well below rep standards, well below the benchmarks such as O'Meley, Mason, Lang, Stevens, Rauhihi, Webcke etc.

Timbo said:
It's comes from a mass msn we were having. Someone (who will remain nameless) meant to write 'tumbleweed' but left off the 't'. And then did it again.

It's now my personal motto, Craig Frawley's nickname and 2005's Feng Shui.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jed

First Grade
raiderette_robbo said:
Timbo said:
It's comes from a mass msn we were having. Someone (who will remain nameless) meant to write 'tumbleweed' but left off the 't'. And then did it again.

It's now my personal motto, Craig Frawley's nickname and 2005's Feng Shui.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

umbleweeds rule!

thickos

First Grade
Sun Herald in Sydney says the 'player swap' is pretty much off. But if we have money 'for one more' can't we possibly go after Withers anyway?

Tigerpete

Juniors
So is Lincoln Withers now left in the lurch or what?? The Tigers say they're now not interested and the Dragons say the deal is off? Seems he'll stay a dragons, he'll kick Ennis anyways.

Poida_Raider

Bench
isnt ennis going to the eels? i've missed alot, and i cant find the whole swap article thing. i thought withers would be dragons #1 hooker next year.. sorry for being a bit slow guys!

and as for tyran smith, i like the way he played vs the roosters, he put on a few big hits, jolted the ball out of players like crocker, catic etc a few times. obviously it was frustrating when he gave away penalties etc, but i think overall in that game his positives far outweighed his negatives. and i dont believe that he is as bad as alot of people say he is. but thats just what i think.

Kris_man

Bench
the importance of penalties is underrated. many points, often tries, are scored on the back of a penalty (especially when a couple are stringed together). giving away a penalty is a major deal, far worse than a handling error.

raiders_boy

Juniors
plus if we got rid of him we wouldnt have to worry about the 5 games he has to sit out!!! He would have to do that with the dragons, then he wouldnt be able to force his way in to the side!!!!! :twisted:

mwa hahahahaha