What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lincon Withers

Collateral

Coach
Do we really want to have to waste another bench spot for someone who can only play hooker again?

For mine, 2 props and 2 second rowers is best for our bench. If we had an injury to the hooker during the game we could move Young to Hooker for the rest of the game.

If we are going to give away a bench spot for a Utility, I would want a definant Utility like Holdsworth who could play at Lock if we wanted to give the fowards a break, Centre if needed, 5/8 and I reackon he could slot into hooker if needed.

I agree with Ribs that Humphries needs to stack on a bit of weight. Good player though.

Nugby

Juniors
Do you guys realise that Tyran Smith and Tyrone Smith are 2 complety different people. Tyran Smith is a back-rower at Canberra and Tyrone Smith is a Centre from the Roosters.

Yes, that's why I wasn't sure about the spelling. I'm referring to that bald giant that plays for Canberra and is penalised for high shots and thuggery about five times a game.

Nugby

Juniors
Are you sure Wezman? The way I heard it we were after the Canberra guy but it fell through

Collateral

Coach
Yeah it was Tyran Smith from the Raiders that we were after. Browny knows him through Mundine or something and knew that Smiths wife wanted to move back to Sydney also. Add to that that he is an aggressive second rower/Lock which we need.

I wouldnt be suprised if we sign him whenever he comes off contract next.

borat

Bench
Is it a done deal that he is gone. I know its not the dragons style in recent years to force someone to stay at the club if they don't want to, whether under contract or not.

I can see it from Withers point of view in that we probably signed him for peanuts because he was unwanted elsewhere. He has served us well this year and probably expected to be a good shot at the starting position or at least the same bench spot and now the club has decided that Ennis is the man to replace Riddell.
So he now has the Raiders offering a good 4 year deal with a real chance to take the starting hooking position once Woolford heads overseas at the end of the year.

But, as I am assuming he isn't on that much of a contract, we don't really loose much if we don't give him a release and he refuses to play. Unless we have gone ahead and spent his contract money elsewhere I would be tempted to call his bluff.
Withers doesn't loose much by playing with us one more season, if he performs over the year he will still get his fat Raiders deal come June 30.

This whole saga has been going on for such a long time I just would have thought the deal would have been finalised by now if it was going to happen. I know his manager and the raiders think it will but I reckon, screw em, make him stay.

Wobbygong

First Grade
I think Brown and management made a good decision, having two hookers is no good for the overall balance of any team. Manu will benefit from being at a much stronger club and with some discipline he can make a real impact from the bench.

Ennis apparently is the real deal, and Withers while playing very well for you guys last season, won't have the same impact at a weak club like the Raiders, I think Lincoln will revert to the type of up and down player he was at the Tigers.

Latest posts