What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linkin Park

Evil Borad

Juniors
Seriously, what has happened to them?

I own all their albums, and still regularly listen to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. When I bought Minutes to Midnight, I was very disappointed. Sure, some songs were alright, but overall the album was very soft.

So I hear the other day that they have released a new single 'The Catalyst'. I went over to Linkin Park's myspace and started listening to the song. I stopped it half-way through - it was that awful, and I cannot believe Triple M play this crap.

When they began, they were nu-metal. Nowdays, I really don't know what genre to put them in.

I will not be buying their new album which will be released next month, as it seems that they are abandoning their fans that have been with them since the Hybrid theory days in favour of 12 year olds.

It's such a shame, they WERE an awesome band.

/rant.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I liked them when I was 15-16, I think Reanimation was really innovative and good, Meteora was ok and everything else has been God awful. They've always been a band for 12 year olds looking back though. The lyrics are so emo and basic, the target audience was always going to be young teens. Not that there's anything wrong with liking them now of course but 24 year old me doesn't find them as appealing as 15 year old me did.

Danish

Referee
Once Jay Z got a hold of them they went down hill...

Not that Collision Course was a bad album, I actually quite liked it. Just it seems that since then they've done f**k all.

The 2 singles from the transformers movies for example are pretty much the same damn song. Like Hanging Tough/The Right Stuff the same.

Still, I've seen them live a couple times and you just can't help but be impressed with Chester's ridiculously powerful voice

Firey_Dragon

Coach
When have linkin park not sucked? It certainly hasn't been in the last decade. They are the nickelback of metal.

user_nat

Coach
Heard their new song on the radio the other day and thought it was pretty crap.

Heard it again today and it is starting to grow on me.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Please don't call them metal. :(

"Hybrid Theory" was OK.

Would calling them garbage suffice?

Unfortunately they don't really fit into any other category other than "pop-metal". Hybrid Theory was a solid debut album for it's genre, but wow they've really exposed themselves as talentless hacks since.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Would calling them garbage suffice?

Unfortunately they don't really fit into any other category other than "pop-metal". Hybrid Theory was a solid debut album for it's genre, but wow they've really exposed themselves as talentless hacks since.

Haha good call!

You're right, though - they'd be nu-metal.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think poo is too nice for this tripe. I can't say I was a fan but I didn't mind a couple of songs of their's. There was a good rock song on the last album and couple aren't a bad listen

Evil Borad

Juniors
Pre-sale tickets for their concerts later this year are on sale now. For a general admission ticket at Sydney's Acer Arena, they are charging (and I'm not joking here) $174.90.

I wouldn't pay that much even if Kurt Cobain and Freddie Mercury rose from their graves as zombies and performed a duet.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pre-sale tickets for their concerts later this year are on sale now. For a general admission ticket at Sydney's Acer Arena, they are charging (and I'm not joking here) $174.90.

I wouldn't pay that much even if Kurt Cobain and Freddie Mercury rose from their graves as zombies and performed a duet.

WTF??? Who do they think they are?? I didn't even pay that much for Metallica. Do even get to go backstage?? The only way it would be worth it

BLKOUT!

Juniors
You think that's bad? One of my friends bought herself a ticket for Rihanna and it cost like $160.

Zigwaa

Bench
Yeah Hybrid theory was good for a teenage me. Meteora was a good listen, everything since cringe worthy.

Their concert tickets are more than Soundwave! What the f#%k? Who do they think they are?

As Mike Patton put it when talking about Linkin Park - "It doesn't bother me that they are making lots of money, it bothers me that they are making bad music"

Danish

Referee

Yes you f**king would

RedVDave

First Grade
Seriously, what has happened to them?

I own all their albums, and still regularly listen to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. When I bought Minutes to Midnight, I was very disappointed. Sure, some songs were alright, but overall the album was very soft.

So I hear the other day that they have released a new single 'The Catalyst'. I went over to Linkin Park's myspace and started listening to the song. I stopped it half-way through - it was that awful, and I cannot believe Triple M play this crap.

When they began, they were nu-metal. Nowdays, I really don't know what genre to put them in.

I will not be buying their new album which will be released next month, as it seems that they are abandoning their fans that have been with them since the Hybrid theory days in favour of 12 year olds.

It's such a shame, they WERE an awesome band.

/rant.

At first I thought M2M was rubbish although after a few listens I had a change of heart, that won't be happning with their new record though it is woeful.

Latest posts