What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Listen to the wise yank

stiffmeister

Bench
I sat patiently reading some of the cry baby crap re who is left to sign, will we sign decent players etc?

Well forget about it. This is the wrong mentality. Signing superstars will not win us the premiership.

How do I support my case?. Look at the Melbourne Storm. They have no junior base, no superstars signed, it is a team of NRL rejects & Queensland cup nomads, & guess what, they are leading the comp. What does this tell you?

Well firstly, you need a decent coach, which BS was not. Secondly you need players with hunger & ability not established so called NRL players. We bought the best 4 players from Canterbury & we got no premierships.

Who cares we haven't signed any NRL players (or have we behind the scenes?) Start looking at players with hunger, ability & players wanting to wear the blue & gold.

Get rid of players like Delaney, Morris, Cayless etc.

Use the Melbourne club as an example

The stiff has spoken

Stagger eel

Staff member
I agree whole heartedly, but I just think you might want to change the Y to a W on the title of this thread.

eela has spoken.

sooperdooper

First Grade
see what i want to know stiff is why you put delaney in that catergory? he has not set the world on fire but has been solid.

Utey

Coach
sooperdooper said:
see what i want to know stiff is why you put delaney in that catergory? he has not set the world on fire but has been solid.

lol, oh your serious.

FROSTY319

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
your saying he hasnt been solid?
in an under performing team?

He's out of his depth in first grade.
Too slow for a centre, can't break a tackle and can't kick goals.

Utey

Coach
FROSTY319 said:
Too slow for a centre, can't break a tackle

I agree with all of that, quite simply he is not a good option to bring into an already struggling side.

BD5733

Juniors
And how many Premierships have Melbourne won under this so called 'wonder coach' and 'wonder players'?

Don't waste your time looking it up.....the answer is ZERO!

How many times has Melbourne gone well early in the season only to get bundled out at the business end of the season.....REGULARLY!

pazzaeel

Juniors
we need to buy players who arent coming here for the "laid back atmospshere where you can play sh*t for 10 weeks and still get picked in first grade".

the whole system is stupid. mark riddell gets signed for $250k a season. he can play as sh*t as he wants and he still gets paid $250k a season. should be $50 for a win and $25 for a loss

Gronk

Staff member
FROSTY319 said:
Too slow for a centre, can't break a tackle and can't kick goals.

Agree Frosty. Anyway, we've already got Daniel Wagon when the game plan calls for a slow centre who cant break a tackle. ;-)

stuke

Bench
pazzaeel said:
we need to buy players who arent coming here for the "laid back atmospshere where you can play sh*t for 10 weeks and still get picked in first grade".

the whole system is stupid. mark riddell gets signed for $250k a season. he can play as sh*t as he wants and he still gets paid $250k a season. should be $50 for a win and $25 for a loss

thats generous...paying for a loss.

how about a pie and coke after the game instead?

Hellsy

Immortal
BD5733 said:
And how many Premierships have Melbourne won under this so called 'wonder coach' and 'wonder players'?

Don't waste your time looking it up.....the answer is ZERO!

How many times has Melbourne gone well early in the season only to get bundled out at the business end of the season.....REGULARLY!

Just like Parra................:crazy: :crazy:

BD5733

Juniors
Exactly, and the idea of this topic was that if we base our club on Melbourne, we would win Premierships.

But they are just like us!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
BD5733 said:
Exactly, and the idea of this topic was that if we base our club on Melbourne, we would win Premierships.

But they are just like us!

But I guess at least they have won a comp in recent history.