What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little depressed please help!!!!!

beekershark

Bench
Best way mate is to start with just one item, and leave it out of your diet. I've found one of ther best is COKE, just stop drinking it mate, look for other options like MIZONE sports water or even lemon/lime mineral water. You will be amazed at how much just cutting COKE out of your diet will help after 3-4 weeks. Then when you see the results , you will be better motivated to stop something else, so move onto only eating a certain junk food 2 times a week for example.

Also, have lots of little snacks in the cab with you to stop that urge to pig out, but HEALTHY snacks, take it step by step, dont go straight to celery and carrot sticks ! like, try those BE NATRUAL nut bars, fruit and nut bars etc etc, they fill you up and are low in fat but high in energy, also, try corn chips instead of thins and other potato chips higher in fat.

Martli

Coach
Eat to fuel your body, not for enjoyment.

I'm currently in the process of losing weight, and have managed to stick to this saying with no exceptions. I don't eat cheese, peanut butter, normal butter, and basicly all types of junk food and stick to a fairly strict diet, with lots of chicken and fruit/vegetables. I'm not/wasn't hugely overweight, but with my attitude and eating habbits, I was heading there. I currently do running, weights and sit-ups and am starting to reap the benefits with the goal of playing Rugby next year for my college.

Whoever on here said it is more metnal than physical is 100% correct, the attitudes you expressed earlier in the thread weren't going to get you there, but you seem to be well on track now :). I have a strong mind so was able to adapt easily, you also have to be blatantly true with yourself. Don't go "oh well, I went for a walk today so I can have this chocolate bar" - that's going to get you know where.

Also, you said that you were 6'4", so you will have to realise that without fat you will still be fairly heavy as you are fairly tall, so don't get cut up if you aren't 70kg or whatever because you could very well be about 90-100 quite heathly. I know i've got a naturally stocky build so i'm not going to hazard a guess at what my weight should be until i'm in the final stages of my weight loss.

As for the person who can't get big enough - Protein shakes my man ;-).