What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live coverage of American qualifiers

Force

Juniors
Lol you thought wrong, why the hell would they host it in the Middle East
That is what I read a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be held in the ME/Asia. I thought it was odd given there would highly unlikely be a ME/Asia team playing in the game.

Arucard

Juniors
Typical childish attitude by the old AMNRL crew after the loss too.
So glad they’re gone.

Unfortunately for the USA, our boys (Kukis) will be too strong for them.

Pommy

Coach
That is what I read a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be held in the ME/Asia. I thought it was odd given there would highly unlikely be a ME/Asia team playing in the game.

You mean ME/Africa I think. The highest rated ME/African team goes in to this next round. I believe I read on here SA are the only eligible side anyway as Lebanon are already qualified.

Mate that cookies team will be stacked with qld Cup abd nsw Cup players, which isn’t far behind the super league level. They will lap the states unless they improve massively

I guess, such a waste of a World Cup spot another pacific side, who have played zero games this year and I’m guessing will also be made up of Aussies and Kiwis of cooks decent.

Typical childish attitude by the old AMNRL crew after the loss too.
So glad they’re goen.

What happened?

How many domestic players did the USA have.

Not sure but you can have a good guess from the club sides. This method isn’t perfect as at least Ryan Burroughs is an actual American playing overseas.

USA 19-MAN SQUAD:

Nick Newlin (Atlanta Rhinos), Ryan Burroughs (Barrow Raiders), Brandon Anderson, Jamil Robinson (Brooklyn Kings), Jerome Veve (Burleigh Bears), Haveatama Luani (Canterbury-Bankstown

Bulldogs), Chris Wiggins (Delaware Black Foxes), Bureta Faraimo (Hull FC), Kyle Grinold, David Washington (Jacksonville Axemen), Chris Frazier (NOVA Eagles), Kyle Denham (Philadelphia Fight), Andrew Kneisly (Philadelphia Fight), Cory Makelim, Mark Offerdahl (Sheffield Eagles), Connor Donehue (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Joe Eichner (Junee Diesels), Danny Howard (Wentworth Magpies), Kristian Freed (Wests Mitchelton)

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
So USA beat Chile lost to Jamaica

And Canada Beat Chile and lost to Jamaica

Canada & USA are actually equal

The Americas should really hold a

Canada v USA match to decide 2nd place

Pommy

Coach

A lot of these guys are amateurs or semi pros how much time off work do you think they can get. As it stands most have been in camp for a week plus a week of games, it’s hard to ask more than that of them.

Cook Islands have go this, USA and South Africa are doomed.

cook-islands-karl-temata-charges-the-lebanon-defence-during-the-final-picture-id830488436

StadiumXIII

Juniors

Actually if Canada beat Chile by more than 62 points they would probably be featuring in the Repechage and not the USA.

langpark

First Grade
I thought it was supposed to be held in the Middle East?
That was for the 2017 qualifiers, but had to be shifted after the arrest of Sol Mokdad.
Cook Islands are ranked 17 places below USA. When was the last time they even played a game?
Since when do rankings ever give an accurate indication? In any sport?

I’ll have to agree, unless the USA call on some imports they are out of their league.
I don't know why a guy like Eddy Pettybourne didn't play. Whether he was unavailable, or just unwilling. But they will desperately need guys like him if they want to qualify.

Dakink

Bench
Listen to Ep. 56, The Americas Have Spoken by Rugby League in America #np on #SoundCloud

Good fun podcast on the Americas Qualifiers by Nate Gladdin, who commentated on the Jamaica v USA game.

Such passion and gives one great hope for the game in Nth and Sth America. Like the comments around the 54 minute mark re heritage players.