What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Live* Parra v Penrith Game Day thread, March 11, 2018

That f**king bullshit sin bin killed us. Cleary played the ball off the mark and took the marker out. And we get rewarded by being a man down for 10 minutes. They scored ten points in that time. That was the difference.

That was a legit sin bin. The sin bin contributed to our loss but we just choked in the second half

Chipmunk

Coach
Also, can someone please explain to me when the rule was changed when the ball hits the referee?

When the ball hits the referee the rule has always been a scrum with a feed to the team that is in the attacking half of the field.

When did the rule change to play on? Panthers scored off the next play. In the end that was the major turning point of the game.

Bazal

Post Whore
Death riders in full force....lol.

The biggest issue was the bench. That changes next week and we're already better.

Alvaro 16 runs, 125m
Mannah 14 runs, 135m
Tepai 11 runs, 105m
Brown 18 runs, 145m

Scott, Matagi and Evans COMBINED 11 runs, 90m (I've not included Taka because he spent a good chunk of time in the halves.)

Meanwhile off the Panther bench, RCG made 11 for 110, Kikau made 8 for 80. That's the difference.

We got the balance of the bench wrong. Edwards needs to come in, and potentially Terepo if fit. We looked a totally different side with Scott, Matagi and Evans out there and not in a good way.

It's Round One. Breathe...

Yeah there was a few things the refs awarded that I didn't agree with but they beat us fair n square. It looked to me like we were trying to be too "structured". Geez i hope we don't try and stick to that "structure" all year. I'm feeling a bit pissed off but i'll get over it. What a let down after the first 30mins. f**kn spewing.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Still cant play after half time.
Pennys tackled the ball. Stops offloads and slows the ruck. We had no answer. God Ive learned to hate half time. Its deja vu all over again.

Bazal

Post Whore
Also, can someone please explain to me when the rule was changed when the ball hits the referee?

When the ball hits the referee the rule has always been a scrum with a feed to the team that is in the attacking half of the field.

When did the rule change to play on? Panthers scored off the next play. In the end that was the major turning point of the game.

I asked that in the match thread, no answer. That was a huge turning point.

Glenn

First Grade

Rule hasn't changed.

Suitman

Post Whore
That f**king bullshit sin bin killed us. Cleary played the ball off the mark and took the marker out. And we get rewarded by being a man down for 10 minutes. They scored ten points in that time. That was the difference.

Not only that, but if you watch Moses, he actually gets up and runs quickly back into the position he should have been when the ball was played, before he then moves and makes the tackle. He did nothing wrong.

Glenn

First Grade
Death riders in full force....lol.

The biggest issue was the bench. That changes next week and we're already better.

Alvaro 16 runs, 125m
Mannah 14 runs, 135m
Tepai 11 runs, 105m
Brown 18 runs, 145m

Scott, Matagi and Evans COMBINED 11 runs, 90m (I've not included Taka because he spent a good chunk of time in the halves.)

Meanwhile off the Panther bench, RCG made 11 for 110, Kikau made 8 for 80. That's the difference.

We got the balance of the bench wrong. Edwards needs to come in, and potentially Terepo if fit. We looked a totally different side with Scott, Matagi and Evans out there and not in a good way.

It's Round One. Breathe...
Edwards would be a candidate for multiple sin bins with the Refs cracking down this season.
Needed another Prop on the bench imo.