What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Live* Parra v Penrith Game Day thread, March 11, 2018

Bazal

Post Whore
Sorry Pou, but what's tackles per run? They're either running or tackling aren't they?

It's his way of shoehorning a made up stat and absolving our bench of their poor performance, putting it all down to the possession rate changing by magic

Glenn

First Grade
Yep to the attacking side, so that call was massive. 6 points and a bloke in the bin.
The only get out clause for the ref not ordering the scrum, with the loose and feed to the team in the attacking half is they ruled no side was disadvantaged by the Ball hitting them.

emjaycee

Coach
I thought our defence was better last year when we always had one of Mannah or Alvaro on the field. As soon as they both went off today we got carved up. Starting both of them isn't a strategy Arthur adopted until late last year. I might send him an email.

I think one of the problems BA has is Taka.
He obviously likes Taka and knows we need his height but unfortunately it comes at the cost of another player on the bench (this week it was Kenny).

Dropping Scott immediately isn't the answer, but if we don't improve our go forward I wouldn't be surprised if it happens by about Round 6.

I reckon BA is working towards a forward pack of:
Mannah (Middle)
Evans (Middle)
Ma'u (Edge)
Moreoa (Edge)
Brown (Middle)

Terepo (Middle)
Alvaro (Middle)
T-Rex (Middle and Edge)
Edwards (Edge)

hindy111

Post Whore
I think one of the problems BA has is Taka.
He obviously likes Taka and knows we need his height but unfortunately it comes at the cost of another player on the bench (this week it was Kenny).

Dropping Scott immediately isn't the answer, but if we don't improve our go forward I wouldn't be surprised if it happens by about Round 6.

I reckon BA is working towards a forward pack of:
Mannah (Middle)
Evans (Middle)
Ma'u (Edge)
Moreoa (Edge)
Brown (Middle)

Terepo (Middle)
Alvaro (Middle)
T-Rex (Middle and Edge)
Edwards (Edge)

I said from day one Terepo is our best Prop. You can blow stats all over place but stats wont show energy. Terepo and KE bring that.
T rex if fit and firing can bring fear. An old Beau Scott just comes on and does his work. Nothing to fear. Evans is a dumb player. Has potential but will bring penalties and mistakes. Roosters dont let good ones go easily.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyhow we have entered year with a tiny pack. Lets see how it pans out. I reckon Kasiano was the man we should of went for.

Glenneel

Bench
Well they had no ball, and then their benchies came on, and suddenly we didn't have enough ball to compete. You're saying that's the only factor in the game and that the possession changed by itself (or through our errors alone). I'm saying their bench beating ours to a pulp is a huge factor in that possession rate.

RCG toughened them up and Kikau gave them a spark, and that helped them claw back momentum. Matagi, Scott and to a lesser extent Evans were blown away by the Panthers. You can't entirely blame possession for that
Comes back to my points doesn't it. I didn't like our selected team and said they were too small. Our lack of big men will bite us in the bum. The forwards were tired as our smaller forwards had to work so hard to contain their bigger men, we wilted and they got stronger. Unfortunately we have no big men to counter the many big packs we'll come against this year. Kikau absolutely smashed us and we just couldn't contain him. The loss of Semi is huge and we just can't replace him unless we went big in the forwards. End of story.

Bazal

Post Whore
Comes back to my points doesn't it. I didn't like our selected team and said they were too small. Our lack of big men will bite us in the bum. The forwards were tired as our smaller forwards had to work so hard to contain their bigger men, we wilted and they got stronger. Unfortunately we have no big men to counter the many big packs we'll come against this year. Kikau absolutely smashed us and we just couldn't contain him. The loss of Semi is huge and we just can't replace him unless we went big in the forwards. End of story.

Absolutely nothing to do with size. Kikau was running at Moses, should we get a bigger halfback to contain back rowers?

Matagi, Scott and Evans are just weaker defenders than the players they came on for. Evans is our biggest player FYI.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The only get out clause for the ref not ordering the scrum, with the loose and feed to the team in the attacking half is they ruled no side was disadvantaged by the Ball hitting them.
Well I would say the ball bouncing off the ref straight to their fullback who then ran 30m definitely disadvantaged us.

Glenneel

Bench
Anyone really think BA will make changes after round 1? IMO he’ll give the same 17 another chance.
Imo that's BAs big problem. He sees a problem but doesn't fix it. If players need another chance drop them to reggies to fix. I'd try Niukore in place of Ma'u for a start and bring in Vave if fit. Hayne to fb, Auva'a to centre and French to wing and definitely bring Edwards in to the team. Alvaro and Mannah shouldn't start together, pair one of them with another prop, probably Evans, who wants to start but he needs to improve quickly.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tiny pack with nothing to fear off bench.

Alvaro and Mannah work hard and good defenders. Neither offload or pass before line. Manu and Brown are also small while Tepai doesnt run hard and bowl guys over or split the line like a Frizzel or Papali can.

It feels like some people on here dont understand other teams have forwards who not only work hard and defend well but can offload and bust the line plus have some ball skills.

Manu runs more like a centre imo. Great player but the balance in our pack is out.

Our forwards may of worked hard but they didnt take the emrgy out of there guys. Pou can throw his dumb stats around about Mannah and co but like I keep saying you cant measure the amount of energy that is sapped during a game from guys who bash you hard and bruise you all game.

84 Baby

Referee
Im making the call now. Unless our forward pack changes we wont play finals.
How many times has a team had the exact same forward pack in every game for an entire season?
"I tolf everone that BA had to cha ge the forward pack and so he got 2 or 3 forward inkured and then they mad the finals. Mr 85% striked again"
Dickhead