What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Live* Parra v Penrith Game Day thread, March 11, 2018

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon the Cowboys are the only legit top four side.

How do you see them going if they get one or two injuries in the forwards?
The 7 forwards listed on their website that didn't play on the weekend have a combined NRL experience of 185 games and 160 of these belong to Sean Fensom who is listed for a return from his broken leg "some time in 2018". They also have 18 year old Chudleigh listed as being injured and "expected to be back playing some time in 2018." Chudleigh is there only named hooker apart from Glanville.

Including Chudleigh they have 3 debutants in their backups and only Sam Hoare who has played more than 15 games (18).

Not enough depth IMO to cover the loss of 2 key forwards and still be considered Top 4 certainties this early in the season.

Conversely we have 457 games experience in our 9 'reserve' forwards, including T-Rex at 165 and 4 others with at least 50 games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How do you see them going if they get one or two injuries in the forwards?
The 7 forwards listed on their website that didn't play on the weekend have a combined NRL experience of 185 games and 160 of these belong to Sean Fensom who is listed for a return from his broken leg "some time in 2018". They also have 18 year old Chudleigh listed as being injured and "expected to be back playing some time in 2018." Chudleigh is there only named hooker apart from Glanville.

Including Chudleigh they have 3 debutants in their backups and only Sam Hoare who has played more than 15 games (18).

Not enough depth IMO to cover the loss of 2 key forwards and still be considered Top 4 certainties this early in the season.

Conversely we have 457 games experience in our 9 'reserve' forwards, including T-Rex at 165 and 4 others with at least 50 games.
Yeah fair point about injuries. But then injuries can stop any team making the top four. How would the Storm have gone last year with a long injury to Smith or Cronk? They had Munster in recent years to cover for the loss of Slater, but I don't think Brodie Croft is anywhere near as reliable (and plays a harder position).

Imo that's BAs big problem. He sees a problem but doesn't fix it. If players need another chance drop them to reggies to fix. I'd try Niukore in place of Ma'u for a start and bring in Vave if fit. Hayne to fb, Auva'a to centre and French to wing and definitely bring Edwards in to the team. Alvaro and Mannah shouldn't start together, pair one of them with another prop, probably Evans, who wants to start but he needs to improve quickly.

Def Alavaro and Mannah should not be together. But in saying that, apart from terepo most of our forwards our light weights as well. Evans didn’t impress me at all.

That’s why Sterlo said we should be investing in front rowers.

hindy111

Post Whore
Panthers are actually a gun side - they will be close to top 4. Three tries a piece on their turf is really not a bad effort. We were only beaten on penalty kicks.

Panthers forwards towered over ours. They are massive - every one of them. We got out muscled there.

We had no halfback for 20 minutes and he was not well when he was out there. Also, Hayne, French and Jennings did not see any quality ball.

I am still very optimistic about our season.
Add the power of Edwards,Blake,Mansour and DWZ who are tough hombres.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just wanted to check how those big forwards from the Raiders fared yesterday. Last i heard they went hard for the first 12 mins for an 18-0 lead... did the big guys keep them in front?

Are you calling the titans forwards small?

hindy111

Post Whore
Def Alavaro and Mannah should not be together. But in saying that, apart from terepo most of our forwards our light weights as well. Evans didn’t impress me at all.

That’s why Sterlo said we should be investing in front rowers.

Evans has potential but currently just an average prop who makes a few good charges. BA hopefully can untap his potential.

emjaycee

Coach
Imo that's BAs big problem. He sees a problem but doesn't fix it. If players need another chance drop them to reggies to fix. I'd try Niukore in place of Ma'u for a start and bring in Vave if fit. Hayne to fb, Auva'a to centre and French to wing and definitely bring Edwards in to the team. Alvaro and Mannah shouldn't start together, pair one of them with another prop, probably Evans, who wants to start but he needs to improve quickly.
Niukore and Vave are only just coming available (this weekend) from injury so have zero match fitness. Would you put them straight into the side? FYI - Terepo and T-Rex still out until Round 3 at least.
If Auva'a goes to centre, who rucks the ball out when DCE kicks it? We all know Bevan isn't big enough to be used consistently in that manner.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Evans has potential but currently just an average prop who makes a few good charges. BA hopefully can untap his potential.
He was the only forward who averaged 10 metres per carry against a fired up Panthers pack. If we held the ball better while he was on and gave him more runs he would've taken more energy out of the Panthers and they would've gone back into their shells. I guarantee Arthur would've planned to give him more than six carries.

McKendry made a run for every tackle he made. Evans was forced to make over three times as many tackles as carries.

Latest posts