What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock of the year

Lock of the year

• Tonie Carroll

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Tony Grimaldi

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Alan Tongue

Votes: 61 40.7%
  • Ben Kennedy

Votes: 53 35.3%
  • Dallas Johnson

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Paul Gallen

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Glen Morrison

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Trent Waterhouse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Louis Anderson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ashley Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke O'Donnell

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Kirk Reynoldson

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
Where's reegan tanner. He's had a super year, very unlucky not to play state of origin this year.

Hahahahaha I love it.

I was wondering why Reyno got in the list ahead of him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lock of the Year has to be Kennedy. I know Tongue has had a great year, but Kennedy is on another level.

But by all means if Raiders fans want to vote for Tongue then go for it, it's what i expected. You can all say its deserved but the 20+ votes Todd Carney got for Halfback of the Year certainly does give credence to the Canberra bias theory. No doubt you'll all be telling your grandkids that you had the prvilege of seeing the great Alan Tongue carve up the competition like Johnny Raper before him. "He was 7-feet tall, grandson...had arms like tree trunks, a physique carved from stone and balls the size of watermelons."

Again, Tongue has had a phenomenal season. But it's all in relative terms, i.e. a career season for Alan Tongue still hasnt been quite as good as another stellar season from Ben Kennedy IMO.

mxlegend99

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
You simply cannot compare the two and have an outright winner.

JJ said:
How do you suggest coming up with a lock of the year then??

istockphoto_739609_pick_straws.jpg

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider Azz said:
what did i say, that kennedy will win lock of the year and deservedly so (another raiders junior btw ;-)). my post was directed at knobs like lockyno1 who said players like gallen, o'donnell and johnson all had better years than tongue. which is ridiculous.

ROFLMAO.

Kennedy's from the North of the State, went to Kings and played for the Manly Marlins RU side until the Raiders signed him for 1996. :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
t-ba said:
ROFLMAO.

Kennedy's from the North of the State, went to Kings and played for the Manly Marlins RU side until the Raiders signed him for 1996. :lol:
he got his start at the raiders though, dickhead. which makes him a raiders junior

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider Azz said:
he got his start at the raiders though, dickhead. which makes him a raiders junior

:lol:.

Let Me Guess...Lote Tuqiri is a 'Waratahs Junior' and Wendell Sailor is a 'Reds Junior'

Raider Azz

Bench
well no, because they were already established players by then and were signed by union to MASSIVE contracts. kennedy was hardly a superstar when the raiders discovered him.

comparing apples and oranges here... yeah... it's "hilarious"

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider Azz said:
well no, because they were already established players by then and were signed by union to MASSIVE contracts. kennedy was hardly a superstar when the raiders discovered him.

comparing apples and oranges here... yeah... it's "hilarious"

ROFLMAO. Kennedy was captain of the U21 Wallabies the year before and made a train on squad for the senior Wallaby's :lol:.

Raider Azz

Bench
my grandma could make the train-on squad for the wallabies

fact is, kennedy got his start in league with the raiders. laugh all you want, it's a fact. not much else to say really

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider Azz said:

Good on her...Point remains, Kennedy isn't a Raiders, Or Canberra junior. It'd be like Manly Claiming Brett Sheehan. Not that we'd want to...

fact is, kennedy got his start in league with the raiders. laugh all you want, it's a fact. not much else to say really

But he certainly isn't a junior of the Raiders club...

Red_Devil

Juniors
Raider Azz said:
Another typically intelligent quote from someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about

Iafeta

Referee
I can't believe Louis Anderson's on the list.

Not his best season. Too many Monty moments.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Alan Tongue is more than just a tackler and try scorer. It's his lead by example approach and his spirit that win Canberra the close ones. Who ever said tackling is just a stat is a complete f'n moron, it's one of the most important aspects of this game. I don't hear anyone saying "tackling is just a stat" when Nathan Hindmarsh racks up 50.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
t-ba said:
Good on her...Point remains, Kennedy isn't a Raiders, Or Canberra junior. It'd be like Manly Claiming Brett Sheehan. Not that we'd want to...

But he certainly isn't a junior of the Raiders club...

No he's not a Canberra junior but he made his 1st Grade debut with them and started his rep career while there aswell. But hell who cares, I was glad to see the back of that lying pill head.

MSIH

Bench
Walt Flanigan said:
No he's not a Canberra junior but he made his 1st Grade debut with them and started his rep career while there aswell. But hell who cares, I was glad to see the back of that lying pill head.

haha, you like being sh*t obviously?