What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer MOTM

8Ball

First Grade
I heard ray warrren say that a panel of 4 people made up of a kiwi, a pom, an aussie and a png official selected the MOM.

If thats the case, fair enough tbh. Still, Rapira and Blair were better.

Just goes to show they decided the MOM before the game began. They also decided the player of the series before the final too, cos Slater gifted us the world cup with his f*ck up tonight LMAO!!!

8Ball

First Grade
Yeah, really biased stuff with an Australian, New Zealand, English, and PNG official...

bobbis

Juniors
The bigger travesty was probably selecting player of the series pre match, in the end Slater had an utterly terrible game in the 1 match which really mattered. He was a significant factor in Australia losing the tournament. On the other hand Lockyer played as well as anyone tonight, you can't blame him for the loss.

typicalfan

Coach
If Slater hadnt have made the error im sure he would have deserved the award, Lockyer should have got player of the tournament and a whole host of NZ players were in line almost the entire pack including the captain, he went about his business very quietly got got good metres.

shiznit

Coach
the reason i went with Fien was because he provided NZ with a good kicking game...

how many times have you watched the kiwis lose to australia and say... 'if the kiwis had a kicking game they could have won that'.

imo he provided the kiwis with the direction and kicking game they needed.

infact you could almost make an argument that Fien could be player of the world cup because the Kiwis really started to take off with him at Halfback.

typicalfan

Coach
i agree 100% Shiznit, Bennett and Fien build an Australian style base for their flamboyant NZ style of attack

rlo

Juniors
I remember, the adjudicators were two Aussies, a Fijian I think it was 'James Pickering' and Brian Noble.

It's a cruel joke for Lockyer IMO. At least the Kangaroos didn't have to do the soccer-style consolation medals for the losers.

Loudstrat

Coach
Heather showed no direction in the last 15 for Australia. Having said that, he was probably our best. Yet Fein and Cayless provided leadership when leadership was needed.

And on the leadership point - Cam Smith went mia too. I just wonder what would have happened had Hindmarsh, Mason and Prince been in the side. When push came to shove, our backrow was inept - Australia had a repeat of NSW in the last 2 origins.

Just goes to show they decided the MOM before the game began. They also decided the player of the series before the final too, cos Slater gifted us the world cup with his f*ck up tonight LMAO!!!

My thoughts too, about Lockyer getting MOTM, must have been picked before the game. Seriously though, its quite likely the votes were taken halfway through the 2nd half.

Latest posts