What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer Wins Golden boot Award

Olen

Juniors
He has to be one of the best players in the video game after being voted this years best player.

miccle

Bench
He was injured for around 4-6 weeks i think. Pfftt... he only took out the broncs player of the year award, played an impressive State Of Origin series and led the Kangaroos to a 3-0 white wash of GB. :roll: Why wasn't it joey?

[/sarcasm]

iggy plop

First Grade
Olen said:
He has to be one of the best players in the video game after being voted this years best player.

What a shame our media largely ignored it. It's our most popular sport, but we can't report who wins a major award in it.

Typical.

CJG 182

Juniors
no the golden boot has nothing to do with the footy show. the golden boot is for the WORLD'S best player .

roopy

Referee
nospam49 said:
Mr Angry said:
According to the selectors - yes

But what about in the opinion of people that actually watch the game!
Wesser was fantastic, but you really couldn't give the best player in the world award to someone who didn't play rep football, not even Fittler if he had the best year of his life.

miccle

Bench
& I'd also hate to tell you - but I think that 100 Rugby League journos do too actually watch the game :roll:

aqua_duck

Coach
It had to be Lockyer, if Morley got it I'd be shocked, getting the golden boot for being a thug?

Munky

Coach
I think Lockyer lost his way after the Origin series this year. There were probably better canditates for the award.

I have seen to many good players being left out of rep sides to need a rep call up for players to be eligable for this award.

What does it mean to be the best player in the world in 2003?

If you ask me the best player would have to be the one who's form was great from the seasons kickoff untill its ending.

A player that was as dangerous as anyone in the game in attack, and was a brilliant defender.

A player that could lift his team mates and seemed to win games all on his own.

Lockyer is a brilliant player. Andrew Johns is the best player in the world. But Rhys Wesser was the form player in 2003. He led the NRL in try scoring and won a Grand Final.

Just because Wayne Bennet and Chris Anderson didnt select him doesnt mean he shouldnt get the award.

ucantseeme

Juniors
i think it was just convenient since he was in GB at the time and i am pretty sure the people who decide who gets it r english

Latest posts