What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer 'world's best' after Origin win

Mr Saab

Referee
He is not the best in the world, it was a throw away line by his teammate in the midst of the jubilation after the game.
Dont worry Knights fans, your Joey is still...as Tina Turner so famously sang "Simply the best, better than all the rest"

RABK

Referee
Big Mick © said:
What a surprise to see a knights supporter be the first to jump on the bandwagon for this article...

Go sit on your ass and make up rumours about player movements so you feel important.....

Loser.

gaterooze

Bench
Were you guys even watching Lockyer's defence? He was *outstanding*. No wonder his attack was limited for most of the game.

DeeGan

Bench
Andrew Johns is the best player in the world bar no one. Lockyer has acknowledged that fact before, what we had here was Cameron Smith caught up in the moment singing the praises of his captain, nothing more.

icewind

Juniors
gaterooze said:
Were you guys even watching Lockyer's defence? He was *outstanding*. No wonder his attack was limited for most of the game.
he took on big willie mason quite a few times this series and mason has come off second best.

this series hes shaken off the defensive weak link and the leadership issues. next year is going to be hell for the blues.

Electric_Eels

Juniors
can anyone please tell me whats wrong with his voice? i know its been like that for ages, but damn. last nite's speech, i feel sorry for his wife as its pretty shocking.

salivor

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
When Lockyer shows that he can perform like this at club level and not just for the almighty representive games then he can lay claim to being a great player.

But really at club level his a special to do a bushwalker Ben and go missing for the entire match, while classy pivots like Thurston are in the midst of the action week in week out wether they are in form or not.

I think I know what your trying to say, I'll put it in simple words for everyone to be able to understand: "I haven't watched a single Broncos match all year". Does that about capture what you were trying to say? Anyone who says that Lockyer hasn't played like that at club level this year hasn't watched a Broncos match, simple as that.

He's been great in the last couple of months and if you'd watched closely enough you would've seen that as the good form started with his match against the Knights but let me guess you watched a couple of his early matches where he'd had no off-season, no pre-season matches so had no match fitness and no game time so understandably looked underdone. Even Joey didn't look great in his first 5 games back from injury last year.

And deadset for the rest of you, read the bloody article before you post. Smith in the emotion of the moment called him the best player in the world, one man's opinion and you've all been suckered in by a misleading headline to jump on the bag Lockyer bandwagon.

gdz

Juniors
Lockyer will only get better. He may not be the best in the world but he is certainly up there.

I've noticed a huge improvement in his defence, communication and attitude over the past few months. He's developing into a fine leader for club, state and country.

We haven't seen the best of him yet.

redVgirl

Juniors
he seems to lead by example and thats really important especially for the younger more inexperienced players in his squad. i dont like lockyer but all credit to him, hes a fantastic player.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Lockyer and Johns are the best players in the world. That was clear cut before tonight though. Have a look at our Tri Nation team last year minus Lockyer and see if somethings missing. Who else contends for this title? Hindmarsh and Minechello maybe? I'd rather have Lockyer, he's just on another level.

he seems to lead by example and thats really important especially for the younger more inexperienced players in his squad. i dont like lockyer but all credit to him, hes a fantastic player.

Red V Girl - How come you don't like Lockyer? He seems too quiet and reserved to be dislikable. He's not a dirty player or a smart arse.