What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge

if it is domestic violence then the NRL will wipe him out for sure. The fact that he is not an established or at least regular 1st grader means the NRL will be happy to use him as their 'look at us, we don't tolerate this type of behaviour'.

If only the Tigers who knew that the guy had baggage, took some earlier control and mentored him (assume they didn't ) he could have been the Klemmer type forward we needed going forward, now he'll just end up being lost to the Tigers at least.

He was infinitely more talented then Woods and it looks like he's thrown it all away. Innocent until proven guilt but if he is convicted they'll most likely ban his for life. Sad really, I think he should be given another chance given what's happened to Inglis, Auv'a, Bird etc but I think they'll make an example out of him like Aidan Fonua Blake and Willis Meehan. I hope he fights to get a second chance and maybe somewhere with better structure and support he can get his life and career back on track.

magpie4ever

First Grade
As Matt is only 20 years old, it might be a family domestic violence matter (on the home front).

Know of the family, don't know the family. They are or were very close to the Fifitas at St Pats JRL club. The younger son has some physical handicaps but seemed to be a goer and had fun playing footy in the junior age groups.

Given Matt's track record I have no doubt there are a number of underlying mental health issues. This stands out like dog balls on a cat.

Vic Mackey

Referee
this is what will happen:

* wests sack him

* nrl will stand him down for a year

* he'll go dig holes for a year and the telegraph will do a story on him serving soup to homeless people

* 2017 he signs to a power club like roosters, dogs, souths

* goes on to play origin and win comps

* tigers resign jack buchanan for 4 years

macnaz

Staff member
No wonder Bellamy got rid of the merkin , unfortunately we swapped Kori for this loser :(

BrotherJim05

Bench
I never rated Lodge as much as everyone else seemed to. He was a decent player, made strong runs, but he just never struck me as the type to go far in this game.

All brawn and no brains. Get rid of him

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Arrested and charged in the US. Bashed one person and threatened to kill another two women....he has got to go.

Wizardman

First Grade
this is what will happen:

* wests sack him

* nrl will stand him down for a year

* he'll go dig holes for a year and the telegraph will do a story on him serving soup to homeless people

* 2017 he signs to a power club like roosters, dogs, souths

* goes on to play origin and win comps

* tigers resign jack buchanan for 4 years

I disagree with points 3, 4 and 5....agree with the rest. I don't think he is that good at all.

Tiger05

First Grade
I just want him gone from the Tigers. I can't see him kicking on unless its as a standover man or something like that.

The bloke has bigger issues on his plate than his football career. Surely this is it for him with us, he got chance after chance after chance this year and keeps messing it up.

drago brelli

Bench
This bloke has an interesting past. Seems he is mates with the twins at Cronulla, Blacktown boys. Was he at the same ground on the day the twins got into trouble? If this stuff in the US is true, which club in their right mind would go near this bloke. He got suspended for having the word c..t written on his wrist when he played in a 20s Origin game.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Confirmed that his contract has been terminated. What a waste of talent

Good news is that it frees up some space in Salary cap