What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logan Geyer

I see he's starting at fullback for the u20s this weekend.

Son of mark.

Nephew of Greg , Ben & Matt.

No pressure.

I can't recall another player who had so much talent from both sides of his family coming through.

His father and three uncles must have played 750 FG games between them. Would have been closer to 1000 if Ben didn't die so young.

Last edited:
Watched him last week and thought he did well in an obviously terribly coached team. He's normally a half isn't he?

betcats

Referee
Goodluck kid. It would be good if he was a backrower...we could have cartwright and geyer in the backrow again ha.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
cartwright and geyer
Loved that combo, Geyer the Lunatic enforcer and Carty the ball player.

Throw in Van der Voort as the worker, and a great backrow it was.

I don't want to put any pressure on the kid, but I love it when we have sons or nephews of former players coming through the ranks.
I would love another generation of Cartwright and Geyer playing first grade at the club.

TheFrog

Coach
His father and three uncles must have played 750 FG games between them. Would have been closer to 1000 if Ben didn't die so young.

Close.

Mark Geyer- 181
Greg Alexander- 264
Ben Alexander- 35
Matt Geyer- 268

Total- 748

This doesn't count Origins, Tests, Pre-Season comps, World Club Challenges, etc etc.

Dufeyz

Juniors
I actually played against logan geyer when i was like 7. Pretty sure Mark Geyer was the coach too. Logan ranrings around us that day. He scored a heap of tries and we got hammered lol. The genetics are there for a great footballer, all he needs is alot of hard work and we will get to the top.

Sime_11

Juniors
probably has a good game, Roosters commence circling for his signature next week.....

hope he establishes himself in the Panthers FG squad for years to come and becomes a legend like his Dad.

GongPanther

Referee
Watched Geyer and there were glimpses of unique class that indicated to me that he will be another Penrith player that will do very well.

Unless of course his uncle sways him over to the Melbourne club.

TheFrog

Coach
Loved that combo, Geyer the Lunatic enforcer and Carty the ball player.

Throw in Van der Voort as the worker, and a great backrow it was.

Geyer could throw a ball too, as seen in the try that broke open the '91 GF.

Unfortunately Carty as the enforcer was a non-event. The only time I saw him try it he was flattened by Bruce McGuire and then sent off shortly after trying to square up.

chrisD

Coach
Don't know if Geyer is out unavailable but Harawira has looked considerably better than Geyer at FB for mine.

The OX

Juniors
Despite his dads best efforts in talking him up, I dont think Logan will make first grade.

franklin2323

Immortal
Despite his dads best efforts in talking him up, I dont think Logan will make first grade.

While clearly not being the same. The Logan Geyer that carves up in oztag and NYC are nothing alike. For starters he has blistering pace and footwork in oztag we are yet to see that in a Panthers jersey

meek

Juniors
While clearly not being the same. The Logan Geyer that carves up in oztag and NYC are nothing alike. For starters he has blistering pace and footwork in oztag we are yet to see that in a Panthers jersey

dont think you can place much faith on OZtag form
my daughter carves up in OZ tag even against the boys in mixed but dont think she will play for Penrith LOL

Have seen some of his games and really dont see what the hype was abt looked very ordinary to me and really way out of his depth
remember not everyone with good footballing genes ends up a good footballer
IMO think the hype is more parentage than the ability

franklin2323

Immortal
dont think you can place much faith on OZtag form
my daughter carves up in OZ tag even against the boys in mixed but dont think she will play for Penrith LOL

Have seen some of his games and really dont see what the hype was abt looked very ordinary to me and really way out of his depth
remember not everyone with good footballing genes ends up a good footballer
IMO think the hype is more parentage than the ability

That's my point. He has most of the skills I see it most weeks but plenty have had the skills and don't make it. There's plenty of lower graders fringe/FGers in the comp so not like it's all easy

Latest posts