What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logan Swann.

LeagueNut

First Grade
League: Logan returns for Warriors Swann-song
Sunday October 8, 2006
By Michael Brown

Logan Swann will finish his first-grade career in the place it all started after he signed a one-year deal with the Warriors yesterday.
The 31-year-old second-rower was signed because of a lack of experience in the back row following the departure of Awen Guttenbeil and sacking of Sione Faumuina.
The Warriors were left with only four back-rowers with first-grade experience: Louis Anderson, Wairangi Koopu, Micheal Luck and Epalahame Lauaki.
Swann played 145 games for the Warriors between 1997 and 2003 - only Stacey Jones (238) and Guttenbeil (170) have played more for the club - and he also lined up in 28 tests for the Kiwis between 1996 and 2004. He will return to New Zealand after one season with Bradford and two with Warrington in the UK Super League.
"I couldn't be happier about it," Swann said from his home in England. "I never expected something like this, the chance to come home to play for my old club again and to finish my career there. It's ideal.
"I had options to play on in England but I was really excited when the chance to go home came up."
Swann will play under former team-mate Ivan Cleary. Both played in the 2002 NRL grand final.
"We've obviously lost a lot of experience in the back row with Awen and Sione leaving, so it's great for us that we've been able to secure a player of Logan's reputation and quality," Cleary said.
Swann had the rare distinction of playing for his country before making his first-grade debut, appearing in all three tests against Great Britain in 1996 before debuting for the Warriors in 1997.
He joins Nigel Vagana, Tony Tatupu and Richie Blackmore as players who played for the Warriors in two separate spells.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10404857

:shock: :shock:

ozbash

Referee
great news. :clap: :clap:

'sauve' was one of our best forwards the year he left. be good to have the experience back now gutts has gone.

Skinner

Coach
ozbash said:
great news. :clap: :clap:

'sauve' was one of our best forwards the year he left. be good to have the experience back now gutts has gone.

Nah mate, backward step. Plenty of good young second rowers, desperate
to get a gig, in BC

AliN

Live Update Team
well if we couldn't keep Awen, Logan will do me fine.
With all the young guys iin the side, someone with experience is a welcome move. Welcome home Logan!

warrior123

Juniors
I never rate Awen at all. However I think it is great to get Swanny back even though it's just one year. Oh and while we are at it we should have picked up Ali as well. :sarcasm:

Blaze

Juniors
Better than nothing imo.

The best thing about it is that he will bring in a lot of experience that we were losing with Awen.

Price, Wiki and Swann will probably retire at the end of next year though which will leave a massive hole.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Thats a pretty good signing. He will offer the experience and work rate of Awen but will offer more on attack.

OH YEAH I CAN SENSE 2007 BEING A GREAT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiki Worriers

Juniors
Great news,good defender and can off load(well he use to before ESL).With him on one side and louie on the otherside of the field they should hold up our D-Line

warrior123

Juniors
The ESL may have softened him up a little, hopefully he can last the whole year in the superior NRL.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I'm going to have to agree with Ozbash this time around (Shock. Horror. lol) but yeah this could be good in some terms. And btw, whoever said Wiki was retiring yet? LOL. He is playing in 2008 (beyond that I don't know)

Wiki Worriers

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
A step backwards for sure. Sonny Fai goes down the pecking order one more notch.

Swans a proven player,for the last 2 seasons all the rave has been about this kid sonny fai yet we havent seen anything of him in the top grade.Hopefully swan can mentor him for the year he has sign for and we will have our own SBW:D

Skinner

Coach
Wiki Worriers said:
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
A step backwards for sure. Sonny Fai goes down the pecking order one more notch.

Swans a proven player,for the last 2 seasons all the rave has been about this kid sonny fai yet we havent seen anything of him in the top grade.Hopefully swan can mentor him for the year he has sign for and we will have our own SBW:D

Fai ain't even close to a SBW.....don't think you will see him too much
in first grade in 07.

Wiki Worriers

Juniors
yea dont know wot happened either .Only new at this ,i was trying to quote R&S comments about fai.must have done something wrong.Anyway we can only live in hope that there is a SBW out there for us

Blaze

Juniors
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
And btw, whoever said Wiki was retiring yet? LOL. He is playing in 2008 (beyond that I don't know)

Wiki is already on the way down, even if he does stay in 2008 he will be struggling big time imo.

Latest posts