What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loko....

Far Canal

Juniors
Frankly he was pretty piss poor.

Lts not forget he dropped the ball that lead to the Dogs taking the lead after the break 9even though Ryan stripped it) - lack of ball control there.

He looks too big and clinky and does not have good latera speed (same as Idris) - result is people can run around him.

Did not see him do anything special last ngiht - that ankle tackle on Idris is not special - that is what you are taught to do.

Made no breaks but then again the whole Parra backline (save hayne) is f**ked.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
6 bulldogs tries...all of them through our left side.

but loko would have learnt more on friday night than he would have in an entire season trampling over weak kids in the toyota cup.

True EEL

Bench
Maybe because it's just the kid's second appearance in firsts and there are others in the team who should be supporting him and showing him the way, who can't even do their own job properly, who deserve the real criticism, you fool.

that's right....call me a fool....because i can see how that was warranted...

maybe its because you decided to take one comment of mine totally out of context from the overall discussion and debate and tried to make a hero out of yourself by having a shot at me, well done champ you must be so proud :sarcasm:

True EEL

Bench
jesus after watching some replays...Loko and Morts were HORRIBLE in defence down our left side last night, they need Ben Smith out there with them

Prop Forward

Juniors
jesus after watching some replays...Loko and Morts were HORRIBLE in defence down our left side last night, they need Ben Smith out there with them

Ben Smith has not been the same since his injury. I don't think he is up to first grade any more.

Suitman

Post Whore
Ben Smith has been awful this year.
People are talking about a cleanout.
Well, I'd start with him and Reddy.
Both average footballers at best.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
How can anyone deny the kid had a shocker? They scored all 6 tries down his side of the field

Seems to me he's the newest Anointed One, and thus many believe him to beyond criticism. See Jarryd Hayne for further reference.

Bazal

Post Whore
Actually, watching the highlights linked by Twizz in the other (headbutt) thread...jesus he was poor in defence!

Missed a simple tackle on the first try
Missed an even easier on on Idris in the second
Screamed infield unnecessarily and to no effect on the third
Was absolutely nowhere on the fourth
Backed away and as a result watched Barba waltz by on the fifth

This is not a shot at the kid, for those who seem to be all up in arms about their Chosen One being criticised, because he is clearly very talented. But he was in SG Ball last year. He is not ready for First Grade football, and that's shown in his reading and tackling in defence.

Suitman

Post Whore
Actually, watching the highlights linked by Twizz in the other (headbutt) thread...jesus he was poor in defence!

Missed a simple tackle on the first try
Missed an even easier on on Idris in the second
Screamed infield unnecessarily and to no effect on the third
Was absolutely nowhere on the fourth
Backed away and as a result watched Barba waltz by on the fifth

This is not a shot at the kid, for those who seem to be all up in arms about their Chosen One being criticised, because he is clearly very talented. But he was in SG Ball last year. He is not ready for First Grade football, and that's shown in his reading and tackling in defence.

Maybe that's our problem. We protect our kids so much, that they get the sh*ts and go elsewhere.
First Grade is a fast learning curve. I'd persist with him and prepare him by next year. He has the talent.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe that's our problem. We protect our kids so much, that they get the sh*ts and go elsewhere.
First Grade is a fast learning curve. I'd persist with him and prepare him by next year. He has the talent.

Suity

That is definitely the case with some players, no doubt. But really...Loko is 17/18 is he not? He's had a taste, let him work towards permanency for Wenty with Ryan Morgan. They've both got a lot to learn and honestly, a game like last nights can shatter a young player...let alone the season we look set for!

Suitman

Post Whore
That is definitely the case with some players, no doubt. But really...Loko is 17/18 is he not? He's had a taste, let him work towards permanency for Wenty with Ryan Morgan. They've both got a lot to learn and honestly, a game like last nights can shatter a young player...let alone the season we look set for!

And a game like last week's where he could hold his head high, could be a career builder.
Give the kid a break.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
He was pretty poor in defence last week too, tbh....It's hard enough as it is for kids coming through, so few of them make it. Why heap on the extra pressure of throwing him in the deep end with this rabble?

Suitman

Post Whore
He was pretty poor in defence last week too, tbh....It's hard enough as it is for kids coming through, so few of them make it. Why heap on the extra pressure of throwing him in the deep end with this rabble?

Maybe because they think he is good enough?

Suity

aqua_duck

Coach
Just because he's talented doesn't mean he should be in 1st grade when he clearly isn't ready, look the kids had a taste of 1st grade, he should be allowed to go away and work on the areas of his game that aren't up to scratch yet. If he wants to play 1st grade again he had to earn his selection

Bigfella

Coach
Loko and Burt as a defensive combination is terrifying.

The dogs are reaping the rewards now for investing in barbara who was possibly the weakest defender i've ever seen in first grade for the first 2 seasons he played

ParraSteve

Juniors
and who should replace him?

Whatirua who's won 2 premierships, well his defence was just as bad as loko's in his only game for the eels, Walker and Atkins are wingers not centres. Ben Smith shouldnt be in first grade on current form.

Its giong to be tough for the kid, just look at the likes of Idris, Barba they all had a hard time when they first came in.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Maybe because it's just the kid's second appearance in firsts and there are others in the team who should be supporting him and showing him the way, who can't even do their own job properly, who deserve the real criticism, you fool.

This

Why did SK not put Smith or Reddy with Loko?

And why was Smith on the bench until the 67th Minute?

Latest posts