What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol@50uff$ VI: DKoR's meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Bench
Yes because after the Federal Court ruled that it was illegal South Sydney was reinstated to the NRL for 2002. However, on appeal by News Ltd, the High Court ruled that Souths exclusion was legal. News Ltd, after that court case would have been able to exclude Souths from 2004 onwards if it chose to which it did not as you so helpfully bolded for us to read. You really should be thanking News Ltd for allowing Souths to still be a part of the competition. News did not get excluded from the NRL, they chose to walk away from ownership on their own accord and still make substantial money out of the game through newspaper sales and Pay TV subscriptions.

I am still waiting on your answer to the competition that Souths played in 2000/01
All AFTER the fact, dumbarse... the horse had already bolted.

LOL... YOU should be thanking News Limited for allowing your club to compete because they already stated that "News Ltd made it clear before the proceedings began that it would not seek to remove Souths from the competition should the decision be made in its favour.".... i.e after receiving the ruling in their favour, the LAST team they would have wanted to exclude in future would be Souths.

News Limited scum had to walk away for the good of the game due to the growing perceptions of "conflict of interest" becoming a cacophony with pressure from League fans and clubs etc.

btw, answer your own idiotic, rhetorical question, dumbf**k.

gronkathon

First Grade
2r70wol.jpg

ek999

First Grade
All AFTER the fact, dumbarse... the horse had already bolted.

LOL... YOU should be thanking News Limited for allowing your club to compete because they already stated that "News Ltd made it clear before the proceedings began that it would not seek to remove Souths from the competition should the decision be made in its favour.".... i.e after receiving the ruling in their favour, the LAST team they would have wanted to exclude in future would be Souths.

The horse hadn't bolted because News Ltd still could have kicked Souths out if they chose too. They just decided to instead run with a 15 team competition. That is what News Ltd meant when they said they would not seek to remove Souths if they won their appeal. News Ltd's two options if they won were to have a 15 team comp or a 14 team comp without Souths, they were never going to get rid of another team.

News Limited scum had to walk away for the good of the game due to the growing perceptions of "conflict of interest" becoming a cacophony with pressure from League fans and clubs etc.
If News Ltd are scum, why would they do something for the good of the game. They are a publicly listed company and because of that are only ever going to do what is best for the company and their shareholders. By leaving the game, they can continue to make money out of itthrough newspapers and Pay TV whilst not having to inject money into the loss making parts such as funding clubs like Melbourne

btw, answer your own idiotic, rhetorical question, dumbf**k.
If you won't answer my rhetorical question then can you answer my original question. Why do you persist on calling them Dead V when since they came into the NSWRL in 1921, they have played in every competition either as a standalone club or in a joint venture with Illawarra yet South Sydney have not?

First Grade
I am glad the continual posting of the below pic upsets you nemiwuss i will strive to post it more often now.

000305zXJHF.jpg

Nemesis

Bench
No idea about the functions of the legal system.

:lol:mad: Nemmiwinks
It functioned really well.... in Souths favour, f**kstick.

Meanwhile, we sit comfortably in the top 4, whilst the cambelltown cat litter are in a titanic struggle for 8th spot.

:lol:mad:guzzlathon

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Full Federal Court at the time ruled that it was an exclusionary provision (read illegal) hence Souths were subsequently reinstated.

News Limited scum's High Court appeal (after Souths had already returned to the competition the year before) only ruled in their favour because "News Ltd made it clear before the proceedings began that it would not seek to remove Souths from the competition should the decision be made in its favour."

f**kstick

:lol:

FMD

what a load of crap

no wonder you have a thread dedicated to your stupidity

Nemesis

Bench
The horse hadn't bolted because News Ltd still could have kicked Souths out if they chose too. They just decided to instead run with a 15 team competition. That is what News Ltd meant when they said they would not seek to remove Souths if they won their appeal. News Ltd's two options if they won were to have a 15 team comp or a 14 team comp without Souths, they were never going to get rid of another team.

If News Ltd are scum, why would they do something for the good of the game. They are a publicly listed company and because of that are only ever going to do what is best for the company and their shareholders. By leaving the game, they can continue to make money out of itthrough newspapers and Pay TV whilst not having to inject money into the loss making parts such as funding clubs like Melbourne

If you won't answer my rhetorical question then can you answer my original question. Why do you persist on calling them Dead V when since they came into the NSWRL in 1921, they have played in every competition either as a standalone club or in a joint venture with Illawarra yet South Sydney have not?
So why didn't they CHOOSE to? In theory, they could have kicked any team out of the comp, including yours... but the fact is they couldn't afford any more legal battles, so they didn't.
In any case, it's a moot point, as the News Limited scum no longer control the game and Souths will remain in the comp.

Also, once the TV rights deal is finalised, News Limited won't be bleeding as much from the game as they have in the past.

btw, I've already answered your original question... you just didn't like the answer

ek999

First Grade
There was no more legal battles. There was nowhere for Souths to appeal to. As soon as the judgement was handed down, News Ltd could have kicked Souths out there and then. I don;t understand the point you are trying to make. I'm not arguing about whether Souths are in the comp or not, I'm telling you they are only in it because of News Ltd deciding to allow them to stay.

If News Ltd get simulcast matches for Foxtel in the next TV deal they will be making more money from the game due to increased subscriptions at a higher rate. Sure they may be paying the ARLC more but they are getting more in return. News Ltd never wanted to be ther owner of the game, that costs them money. They have only ever been interested in the TV and newspaper revenue that it provides them.

You original answer was "Since 1908, Souths have always competed standalone, as SSDRLFC... whilst St George merged with Illawarra and registered a new combined team in the 1999 comp... hope this ends your confusion." However, Souths didn't compete in 2000/01 so they have not always competed. And before you argue that they always existed as an entity, St George still do too http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=83002350272

They are one half of a joint venture of two seperate clubs fielding the one team in the NRL. And St George only ever merged with Illawarra to get the junior base it provides and it has seemed to work, they managed to win a premiership 2 years ago. Souths last did that 40 or so years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts