What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL @ Bellamy

Abz

Juniors
nrl.com

Sydney will get behind Storm: Bellamy

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has called on Sydneysiders to put interstate rivalry aside and support the Storm in Sunday's NRL grand final against Manly at Telstra Stadium.
With the Sea Eagles looking to rally the support of Sydney, despite their reputation as "the team everyone loves to hate", Bellamy said he believed many fans had adopted Melbourne as their second team and was confident of getting a fair share of supporters on Sunday.

"I think we have got a fair bit of support through some of the states now," Bellamy said.
"Even when we played the Cowboys up there (in Townsville) earlier in the year, I was surprised at how many Melbourne supporters there were up there.

"We've got a lot of Queenslanders in our team but I'm sure a lot of the Sydney fans will realise we've got a lot of New South Welshman in our team as well.

"So, hopefully if they follow another team they'll turn up on Sunday and support their second team - and hopefully that's the Storm."

Regardless of the split of supporters, Bellamy said the Storm were not fazed at the prospect of facing a Sydney team on home turf in the competition decider, having beaten St George in the 1999 grand final in Sydney.

"We've done it before, so it's nothing completely new to us," Bellamy said.

The Storm arrived in Sydney on Wednesday afternoon, and will be based in Coogee in the lead-up to Sunday's match.

Bellamy says the Storm are much wiser and are using last year's preparation to their grand final loss to Brisbane as valuable experience - a reason why they have flown up a day earlier than last year.

The Melbourne mentor is also relaxed despite ongoing claims about his players' tackling style.

Prop Brett White's tackle, which left Parramatta's Nathan Cayless with a torn pectoral muscle after Sunday's preliminary final win, has attracted the most criticism and was branded a "ripper tackle".

But Australian coach Ricky Stuart and former Test star Gordon Tallis leapt to the Storm's defence, labelling the controversy surrounding Melbourne's tackling as "rubbish".
"I think they've summed it up very well," Bellamy said.

"I guess (the controversy) is a little tactic to get our focus away from where it should be.
"But we've been through it before and the guys find it amusing actually.

"So at the end of the day when someone gets hurt in a tackle with us, we've invented a new tackle? We ain't that smart really."

Source: AAP

ouwet

Bench
I'll be at the game... I'll be going for Melbourne!!!!

Melbourne are my 'second' team (Apart from the Doggies i really couldn't careless though NRL wise).

Misty Bee

First Grade
The Dickwad has spent all year criticising every second Sydney side over complains about his grapplers, now expects us to like him?

I'm waiting for tomorrow's headline: "Manly is everyone's second team"

FFS it's like choosing between your mother in law or your mother in law from your first marriage.

Bellamy is mental if he thinks most Sydneysiders want the Stom to win this one.

I've hated Manly for 30 years, and even I want them to beat Melbourne.

strider

Post Whore
The Melbourne Storm have alienated more Sydneysiders in one season than Manly would in a decade

Manly are full of arseholes, but ....... Go Manly!

philstorm

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
The Dickwad has spent all year criticising every second Sydney side over complains about his grapplers, now expects us to like him?

Actually, it's only the Parra who worry about the tackling rather than the game.

Bellamy just likes to point out the obvious when we play those hypocrites.

forward pass

Coach
yeah right - lets support the team who are fast destroying our game with their ridiculous tactics - they are a complete bore to watch.

(gulp) Go..Manly !!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If they stopped going on like twits about the Wrestling and playing dirty games in the media then everyone outside Manly would support them.

Misty Bee

First Grade
philstorm said:
Actually, it's only the Parra who worry about the tackling rather than the game.

Bellamy just likes to point out the obvious when we play those hypocrites.

LOL - do you acdtually beleive what you type?

_Johnsy

Referee
Melbourne suck immensly
Manly suck heaps

In my calculations immensly is a tad more than heaps.

Go manly (I still cannot get used to saying it or typing it)

Abz

Juniors
I'm a doggies fan and I wanted Parra to woop their ass on Sunday. GOODLUCK in trying to make me go for Melbourne.

Go Manly!!

Stormboyz

Juniors
barrack for whoever you want...I don't care.
But there will be only two sets of fans that are really barracking on Sunday - Manly and Melbourne.
The rest can get f**ked for all I care.

Abz

Juniors
Stormboyz said:
barrack for whoever you want...I don't care.
But there will be only two sets of fans that are really barracking on Sunday - Manly and Melbourne.
The rest can get f**ked for all I care.

You can too! :lol: