What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longest Rugby League Game On Record

ShaneO85

Juniors
Can anybody tell me what the longest game on record is?

I know the Super League Tri Series Final held the title for quite some time after it lasted for 107 minutes but i had a feeling i heard of a longer game a year or so back.

One of our local finals lasted 110 minutes on Saturday night before it was called and sent to a mid week replay. I'm interested to know how long it would have needed to continue to take out the record.

If anyone can enlighten me would be fantastic as googling didn't seem to give me an answer.

cheers.

ek999

First Grade
Lower grade grand final a couple of years ago went for about 110 minutes from memory

nomis88

Juniors
Usually any game that Nine telecasts on delay seems to be the longest ever in the history of the game.

ShaneO85

Juniors
i think tigpies vs chooks was 97 minutes from what i saw the other day... longest 'NRL' match... wondering if there are ESL or lower div finals or anything that anyone knows of...

Packy

Bench
Haha I remember watching that, players were dropping like flies with cramps all over the field.

Interesting names in both teams.

Newtown Jets
1 Don Thompson, 2 Shaun Foley, 3 Danny Howard, 4 Toshio Laiseni, 5 Byron Ford, 6 Sean Rudder (c), 7 Ben Jones
8 Steve Meredith, 9 Rory Kostjasyn, 10 Ray Moujalli, 11 Jimmy Andersen, 12 Mickey Paea, 13 Hep Cahill
Interchange: 14 Martin Kennedy, 15 Jake Friend, 16 Daniel Green, 17 Shane Shackleton
Reserves: 18 Tyrone Shelley, 19 Ben Green, 20 Khalid Deeb, 21 Anthony Cherrington, 22 Rhys Pritchard

Wentworthville Magpies
1. Tim Mortimer, 2. Iwi Hauraki, 3. James Grehan, 4. Etu Uaisele, 5. Jonathan Wright, 6. Mark O?Grady, 7. James Maloney [C]
8. Broderick Wright, 9. Martin Mitchell, 10. Jeremy Latimore, 11. Brett Blaker, 12. Justin Horo, 13. Joe Galuvao
Interchange: 14. Jacob Byrne, 15. Natthan Cleaver, 16. Alfred Betham, 17. Justin Wood
Reserves: 18. Matthew Raftery, 19. Mitchell Stanfield, 20. Ben Taia

ek999

First Grade
Hmmm. James Maloney at halfback for Wentworthville and captain at 22. Why would they let him go. Parra's halves that were used that year were Smith, Finch, K Keating and Mateo. Good talent identification once again by Parra

You could name a rep quality side of players they have let go over the years

Last edited: