What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at other teams forwards especially props

themacemaceman

Juniors
This thread compares our forwards to other teams.

It shows the truth.

We need more forwards who can bend the line.
Did you actually watch the game?
Defence was our problem. Missed tackles killed us.
All you blokes keep talking about is our forwards not bending the line.
Well we made yards and made our way up field pretty well.
We scored 4 tries with a disjointed backline.
All this stuff about forwards not bending the line is irrelevant and crap.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep, I was at the game. I re watched it back too.

Did you know Kelly only made 4 good kicks out of his 13 at an efficiency of 31percent.

Did you know Kelly and Turner both missed crucial tackles twice which lead to Tigers tries.

Did you know AJ got steamrolled 3 times and couldn't save those tries.

Talakai was poor defensively.

It's not just the defence that's the problem. Even if we get that right we've got some forwards who can't bend the line. You can't win games like this.

Compare us to other packs. They have the forwards that can bend the line, we lack that.

Goodwin showed the haters on here too.

doyen

Bench

There's not much point in just bending the line anyway---how much ground does a "BEND" gain!!!

We need forwards who can bust the line wide open or learn how to hand-off a decent & productive off-load!

At the moment the only forward that looks like busting the line is Sam & the only one with any real ball-skills is Sutton;but he's looking more & more like he's over the hill & sliding into the abyss at serious velocity!!!

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Yep, I was at the game. I re watched it back too.

Did you know Kelly only made 4 good kicks out of his 13 at an efficiency of 31percent.

Did you know Kelly and Turner both missed crucial tackles twice which lead to Tigers tries.

Did you know AJ got steamrolled 3 times and couldn't save those tries.

Talakai was poor defensively.

It's not just the defence that's the problem. Even if we get that right we've got some forwards who can't bend the line. You can't win games like this.

Compare us to other packs. They have the forwards that can bend the line, we lack that.

Goodwin showed the haters on here too.
This is my first post and I think you are being a bit harsh picking out certain players.
If you watched the game closely, you would have seen that AJ was covering Greg's wing as well as rushing back to fullback in defence.
It wasn't just Kelly and Turner missing crucial tackles either.
I think our problem is depth as the salary cap is taken up with players that can't turn the game around like a Thurston, Smith or even Tedesco. And we have 2 of the highest paid props in the Twins who have not played at that standard since the GF.
And while Goodwin scored 3 tries, apart from the last one they were gifted to him. I think he is a good player but like Cody, doesn't like to pass.

doyen

Bench
This is my first post and I think you are being a bit harsh picking out certain players.
If you watched the game closely, you would have seen that AJ was covering Greg's wing as well as rushing back to fullback in defence.
I think our problem is depth as the salary cap is taken up with players that can't turn the game around like a Thurston, Smith or even Tedesco. And we have 2 of the highest paid props in the Twins who have not played at that standard since the GF.
And while Goodwin scored 3 tries, apart from the last one they were gifted to him. I think he is a good player but like Cody, doesn't like to pass.

Welcome---& good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Welcome, welcome, welcome

Rabbit toes

First Grade
^ this guy gets it

Rabbits20

Immortal
Welcome.

Well there will be no excuses for AJ this week will there. A couple of mates who go for Parra don't think AJ is up to it at fullback.

I know there were others missing tackles and Madge has made Tom the scapegoat which is a stupid move. Tom runs more metres than Tyrrell every day of the week.

I don't agree with your criticisms of Cody or Goodwin. They are 2 good players. These 2 aren't the problem, they are both positives.