What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking further ahead - we forfeit game 3

The Engineers Room

First Grade
All I know is that King should never play on the wing again and Lyon is not up to origin.

Next year I would like to see:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Matt King
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Eric Grothe
6. Greg Bird
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Robbie Farah
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Willie Mason
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Feleti Mateo / Ryan Hoffman
16. Brett White
17. Brent Kite / Steve Simpson

Gives us some different types of players. We had all workers in the pack last night and it cost us.

CWBush said:
From what I could see, Buderus was leading by example. I didn't see Mason doing a great deal of that.

Surely this is a sh*t stir, otherwise what game were you watching.

Buderus didnt run the ball at all, though he did tackle strongly.

Mason was talking and trying to motivate the troops, barnstorming runs, crunching defence if that isnt leading by example please tell me what is.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raider_69 said:
All fit and healthy:

1. Stewart: Harsh on mini i know, but he's had his time in the sun, Stewart is the future
2. Hayne: Has given a good account of himself in both games, THAT pass aside
3. Gasnier: Not a 5/8ths merkin, but a damn fine centre
4. King: Better centre, not a winger by any means
5. No idea... go for a Eric Grothe or maybe Matt King again and have Collis at centre
6. Carney: Dislike him if you must, but respect the blokes ability, he can dominate a game like no other young NSW half, he is a game breaker one of the best ball running halves going. Great kicking game too
7. Mullen: Ordinary game 1 but he is a star of the future, he and Carney are NSW's future. He and Todd have played together before and are actually good mates aswell, they compliment each others games. Both can mix and match at half and 5/8th giving us a new dimension
8. O'Meley: Need someone starting the game with some mungrel and aggression, we've sorely missed it this series
9. Farah: No disrespect to Buderus, great player, but its Farah's time now. Bedsy can retire from rep footy, head held high.
10. White: Stick with him i recon, he'll do ok, he has his confidence dented by Murray, by next year he'll be itching to prove his worth
11. Anthony Watmough: I thought he was good in his first outing and is a very strong player. Aggressive to boot.
12. Willie Mason (c): He has the passion for NSW that QLDers are born with, and NSW struggle to capture. Give him the C and watch him carry blokes with him to this level
13. Alan Tongue: Dallas Johnson proved that small men can make it in Origin footy, Tongue is a tackling machine, and his footwork and dummy half work can catch tiring forward napping

14. Anthony Laffranchi: Very under-rated player, was unlucky to miss out this year imo
15. Michael Weyman/Thom Learoyd-Lahrs: Which ever is fit and in form, as i doubt both will be at once ( :lol: ) but both play the same role, strong ball runner, aggressive defence and able to promote the ball for 2nd phase. Impact from the bench personified
16. Feleti Mateo: Like Carney and Mullen, he is part of the future of NSW, get him in there asap
17. Greg Bird: Another future staple of the blues, did well in limited time game 1, will be better for the experience

I don't mind that side at all, I'd probably choose something simular:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Eric Grothe
3. Dean Collis
4. Matt King
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Willie Mason (c)
13. Greg Bird

14. Brett White
15. Anthony Laffranchi
16. Ryan Hoffman
17. Feliti Mateo

badav

Bench
Wouldnt be too surprised to see NSW field a

6. Mullen
7. Kimmorley

combination for the 3rd game.I Dont think there will be quite the cleanout that has been suggested in here

icewind

Juniors
Baron Vo Mandor said:

Mason was talking and trying to motivate the troops, barnstorming runs, crunching defence if that isnt leading by example please tell me what is.

as a qlder, Mason lead by example much more than Buderus. Mason made some barnstorming runs. Buderus hardly ran the ball out of dummy half, which is what nsw should have been doing a sh*t load more of.

Also, I think Buderus reaction to Smith's great tackle indicated where Buderus's interests lie.... in getting back at the current Aus no 9, more important to him to give smith a push in the back than help out his team mates when they were stuck on the 10m line. Really inspiring stuff that!

ByRd

First Grade
CWBush said:
From what I could see, Buderus was leading by example. I didn't see Mason doing a great deal of that.
:lol: you bias idiot, Buderus himfelf will admit he added nothing and didnt have one of his best games, he added no spark out of dummy half whereas Mason was the one taking the big runs (and the only forward that was going forward and gaining quick play the balls) get out of Buderus' a$$.

ByRd

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Am i the only Newcastle fan that can admit Buderus isn't up to Origin anymore and needs to step aside for Farah?

Buderus leading by example - name one run he made? He defended well...but so did Cam Smith. Cam Smith actually ran the ball though and made a lot of metres.

For the 5th Origin in a row, Smith outplayed Buderus. Buderus is captain of a Blues side that showed no heart - he's gotta take some of the fall.
agreed, well said. And also did you see when Smith dumped Buderus how much it burned danny and he got up and pushed Buderus then went on to follow him, great leadership there

ByRd

First Grade
Baron Vo Mandor said:

Man, dont worry about it, people cant face that Willie is a great player and that he is an excellent leader, he may not wear the C for the dogs but we all know that he is our leader. He is always yelling and players to get to scrums when the time is running out, taking the big runs (and people think he only runs at small blokes :lol:) people still think he is a "badboy" and cant face the fact that he has developed into a great leader and player and that without him our pack would have nothing, on ya Willie.

dragonfire

Bench
doglyf said:
Man, dont worry about it, people cant face that Willie is a great player and that he is an excellent leader, he may not wear the C for the dogs but we all know that he is our leader. He is always yelling and players to get to scrums when the time is running out, taking the big runs (and people think he only runs at small blokes :lol:) people still think he is a "badboy" and cant face the fact that he has developed into a great leader and player and that without him our pack would have nothing, on ya Willie.

honestly Mason got picked off easily by QLD in the first half, as the commentary said it was like they had his number. There was no sting in his runs at all, some good hard tackles though. I do admit he came on in the 2nd half and was actually trying to smash through the QLD like and was making some good metres but we needed that in the first half. I also dont think he should be in the front row, move him into the backrow.

To the original thread starter, are you sure you dont mean Josh Morris over Brett Morris? ;)

lionheart008 said:
Buderus should retire now before he is remembered for all the wrong reasons - getting owned by smith.

Seriously Bedsy is a class player, only a couple weeks ago he was carving it up for the knights, the question i have about his performance is what exactly did Murray have him doing? Most hookers will start running the ball but i think he may have been instructed to only pass and thus he was a wasted player, Murray might have had Farah doing the exact same thing which would make him look even worse

panthersballboy

Juniors
Firstly there are a few players who have had their origin shot, and even though some have been great fro us, it's time to bring in new blood. Bederus, Hindmarsh, Lyon, Anasta, Kimmorley, Kite, Simpson and Ryan should all be dropped for game 3.

The series is gone and NSW should take the chance to bring in some new guys and give them a run preparing for 2008.

I would go with:

1. B Stewart
2. J Hayne
3. B Smith
4. D Collis
5. M King

6. J Mullen
7. T Carney

8. B White
9. R Farrah
10. M O'meley
11. W Mason (c)
12. A Watmough
13. G Bird

14. P Gallen
15. A Laffranchi
16. M Weyman
17. R Hoffman

There's not a lot of experience there but all these blokes will probably play origin at some stage so why not blood them now with the series over and not having the pressure of trying to win the series but just enjoying the origin experience.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Mullen and Carney - The blind leading the blind. Talent can only get you so far in origin, they'll get killed against JT/DL.

Phillips

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
NSW Side Game I 2008

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Ben Pomeroy/Michael Jennings/Dean Collis
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Ben Cross
9. Robbie Farah
10. Willie Mason (c)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Ben Creagh

14. Anthony Laffranchi
15. Michael Weyman
16. Cory Patterson
17. Greg Bird

have you forgotten about a certain Mr Luke O'Donnell :crazy:

1. Minichiello/Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Carney
7. Mullen
8. Ryles
9. Farah
10. White
11. Hindmarsh
12. O'Donnell
13. Gallen

14. Bird
15. Watmough
16. <agressive prop>
17. Cross

Mr Saab

Referee
NSW really missed LOD.
Not saying he would have reversed the result, but he is one of those "enforcer" types who offers alot more that Ryan can.

RABK

Referee
Yes i did forget LOD, and how dare I - quality forward who we severly missed.

Latest posts