What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking good for next week and beyond

Sharkie73

Bench
With Vagana returning next week we will have a very potent backline; I think after tonights game where not far from some back to back wins.
1. Peach
2. Merritt
3. Vagana
4. Franze
5. Reick
6. Bird
7. Noddy
And our fowards
8. Stevo
9. Bosnich/Sully
10. Nutley
11. Lomu
12. Bailey
13. Hilder

14. Beats
15. Galloway
16.Seers/ can play all positions in back line and has alot of experiance
17. Sully/ Bosnich

So bring on the Eagles.

Docking

Juniors
You couldn't help but think that if we had Vagana tonight it may have been enough to get us home...

Special K

Coach
1. Peachey
2. Merritt (if out Saleh)
3. Vagana
4. Franze
5. Rieck
6. Bird (gk)
7. Kimmorley (c)
8. Stevens
9. Sully
10. Beattie
11. Lomu
12. Bailey
13. Hilder

14. Nutley
15. Galloway
16. Bosnich
17. Mcgoldy(for Vagana if he can't go 80) or Newton/other PL forward

Houdini

First Grade
The next 3 games our ours! Manly home, souths away and then cowboys home.
Our defence is improving and we showed tonight against the doggies that we do know how to get points on the board.

I'm a lot more confident in our team after watching tonights game.

BRING ON ROUND 3!!!!!!

Beats

Juniors
I think you really have to give the other winger spot to Saleh, for the amount of time Merritt was on the field, he was pretty ordinary

chili pepper

Bench
Hulkamanic 36 said:
1. Peachey
3. Vagana
4. Franze
5. Rieck
6. Bird (gk)
7. Kimmorley (c)
8. Stevens
9. Sully
10. Beattie
11. Lomu
12. Bailey
13. Hilder

14. Nutley
15. Galloway
16. Bosnich

I have 2 problems with this team Hulk.

1 - Nutley's biggest assets are his stamina and work-rate so I believe he is wasted coming off the bench. Beattie is an impact player who is best utilised coming on after 20 min as others are starting to tire.

2 - The bench needs one more forward. The interchanging hookers is no longer a viable option in todays game. We must be the only club that still employs this outdated tactic.

Our other problem as I see it is the 5/8 position. Bird is a lock IMO and starves our outside backs of quality ball. However I'm not sure whether there is a better option at the moment given Aitkens lack of experience and size. Maybe it could be worth experimenting with Peach at 5/8.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Interchanging hookers is an excellent strategy and I think you'll find the Roosters do it as well.

What happened to Merritt that meant he was only on for a bit tonight? I didn't notice him go off.

Special K

Coach
chili pepper said:
Hulkamanic 36 said:
1. Peachey
3. Vagana
4. Franze
5. Rieck
6. Bird (gk)
7. Kimmorley (c)
8. Stevens
9. Sully
10. Beattie
11. Lomu
12. Bailey
13. Hilder

14. Nutley
15. Galloway
16. Bosnich

I have 2 problems with this team Hulk.

1 - Nutley's biggest assets are his stamina and work-rate so I believe he is wasted coming off the bench. Beattie is an impact player who is best utilised coming on after 20 min as others are starting to tire.

2 - The bench needs one more forward. The interchanging hookers is no longer a viable option in todays game. We must be the only club that still employs this outdated tactic.

Our other problem as I see it is the 5/8 position. Bird is a lock IMO and starves our outside backs of quality ball. However I'm not sure whether there is a better option at the moment given Aitkens lack of experience and size. Maybe it could be worth experimenting with Peach at 5/8.

Nutley to the bench due to the fact he does so many stupid things due to him being tired. He can play 80 minutes but I'd rather see him play 50 - 60.

Bosnich is a 2nd rower anyway so he can cover hooker and 2nd row.

chili pepper

Bench
Sure i agree that Nutley could use a spell but preferably in the second half. He wont have the impact that Beattie can provide coming on fresh after 20 min.

Granted that Bosnich can also cover the back row but I think we have better backrowers in PL.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I actually am seeingthe light to the Bosnich Sully thingy.
Bos is a very good defender & keeps the ruck defense quick & tight.
He is a backup forward because of his size.
He can go mad because he knows there is a spell coming.
leave that as it is, it's working great.

The problems are in the centres. Everythng else is just falling into place & only after 2 games.

those who think Seers is going to be able to slot in better think again.
Seersy is an odd bloke & I question his fitness. He must havecome very cheap, or we would have bought an ex-roosters fullback who we all know CAN PLAY.

Nulla_Fan

Juniors
our team n bench isnt killin us atm its noddy taking the goal kicks. Birf won't be moved unless he is injured.

sharknows

Bench
Don't hold your breath on Vagana for next week - Stuart Raoer on 2UE this morning said he was a chance for next week but definitely for round 4. To me that means he won't be in next week at home.

Macca

Coach
1. Peachey
2. Merritt (please let him kick goals)
3. Vagana
4. McGoldrick
5. Reick
6. Bird (getting better every week)
7. Kimmorley
8. Stevens
9. Bosnich
10. Lomu
11. Bailey
12. Galloway
13. Hilder

14. Beattie
15. Green
16. Nutley
17. Sullivan

Opes

Juniors
I am pretty sure Merrit is in reasonable doubt to play, as is Vagana. Odds are your team will be Saleh and Franze McSharkie. But that team looks good.

Nice to see Stinky with some great confidence. Stuey must've done something right!

Latest posts