What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like Fulton is off for a year

super_coach

First Grade
So now we are down to 23 contracted players, with Carney set to go to the Chooks if his ban is lifted who are going to be no 24 and 25. My guess two rookies from left field.

I think this could be another one of TEFLON'S major blunders. Fulton not only was probably our best defensive player in a very weak defensive team but was probably the no1 team man that all clubs need to keep the place up beat when things are not going so well on and off the field.

You just have to wonder how they have got the club into such a cap problem when you look through the contacted players. Of course one can dream this is make room for a "Paul Marquet" signing or two but I think we have nevile no chance and its all about getting the books in order

Jimmy The Judge

Juniors
What sort of player are Huddersfield getting in Fulton ?

Committed week in week out ?
Skillfull ?
Is he stronger in attack or defence or just decent all round ?

I think Huddersfield will be looking at playing him at 6 rather than 13.

Cheers

aids

Bench
i recon the was pending on what happened with carney, i would image fulton will be kept this year

Magpies Forever

Juniors
What sort of player are Huddersfield getting in Fulton ?

Committed week in week out ?
Skillfull ?
Is he stronger in attack or defence or just decent all round ?

I think Huddersfield will be looking at playing him at 6 rather than 13.

Cheers

IMHO Fulton is a damn good defensive player but has not shown any great degree of attacking / exploitation abilities so far. Apparently he is going over there to gain experience in the 5/8 role rather than the lock forward role he currently plays. I was told he did play in the halves when he was a junior. He is rather small for a forward but has a great heart, never stops tackling and is a good team player. I wish him the best and hope it goes well for him.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
So now we are down to 23 contracted players, with Carney set to go to the Chooks if his ban is lifted who are going to be no 24 and 25. My guess two rookies from left field.

I think this could be another one of TEFLON'S major blunders. Fulton not only was probably our best defensive player in a very weak defensive team but was probably the no1 team man that all clubs need to keep the place up beat when things are not going so well on and off the field.

You just have to wonder how they have got the club into such a cap problem when you look through the contacted players. Of course one can dream this is make room for a "Paul Marquet" signing or two but I think we have nevile no chance and its all about getting the books in order

Room for Gallant???????

innsaneink

Referee

Apparently the 25th player has been signed to a top tier contract, internal lower grade promotion from balmain ...probably Lewis.

sheens has to make room for Payne and Galea 2 useless players that offer nothing in attack or defense

i hope he doesnt ,from what halatau said we are changng our game plan so it looks like we are gonna go big with our bench maybe
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Payton
12.Heighnington
13.Ellis

14.Halatau
15.Laurie
16.Davidson
17.Mataka,Dwyer,Harth,Hyland

westie

Bench
f**k me... Browny is the worst coach out and even he can see Fulton should be played as a half.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/article2222804.ece

Looks like Fulton has been shopped out for the year- but its got me buggered how we can be anywhere near the salary cap with only 24 players signed. Does it indicate there must be some over paid players in the existing squad?

Fu@#$cinig toothpick/ Westie maggot! So when is this clown gunna play for straya?

What's wrong with a good ole fashioned show down in a running race between Sharron Mac and Liam "nancy boy" Fulton?

alien

Referee
he would have had more of a chance to play for 'straya' now that tim is coach. i cant wait to see the squad that tim chooses for the roos or is that decided by selectors.

he would have had more of a chance to play for 'straya' now that tim is coach. i cant wait to see the squad that tim chooses for the roos or is that decided by selectors.

funnily enough, the selectors pick the squad (with input from the coach).

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Any further news on Fulton? Last thing I have seen was something from Huddersfield saying edging closer to deal with result expected soon. Whilst he remains training with WT I'm assuming he would not be participating in team game drills as he will be off or is he?? If he is it would seem a bit pointless and disruptive........