What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look's like Wade has gone to the Cows

Cranky Sod

Juniors
I saw few rumours quickly removed from PI today about Wade Graham agreeing to terms with the Cowboys but having a 10 day cooling off period to change his mind, If these rumours are true it's very sad that we have lost 2 promising young halves in the space of 3 years thanks to Elliott's and Leary ignorance.
Graham and Wallace should have been locked up for 10 years as our halves and now we are stuck with Burns and Walsh, what a way to ruin a club.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
If that is true. Then f**k him off to Windsor.

Wade had a huge chance to be a part of this club, but his asking price was too high.

After developing him his whole career it guts me at 19 years of age he wont be at Penrith next year.

That kid will be awesome playing outside Thurston...but for this year, piss him off to Windsor and put Burns at 5/8 and Iosefa off the bench.

Cranky Sod

Juniors
Me too it saddens me that we lose players of enormous potential due to our useless management, in all seriousness Penrith could have re - signed Graham and Gordon at the start of the year for a far less amount than what both players are currently demanding.The same thing happen with Peter Wallace with the same clowns in charge when will they ever learn.

abpanther

Staff member
Very very sad if true.

He definitely has talent, nice passing and kicking game, but to be honest I don't think he can play 5/8th in FG, just to slow and not enough of a running game, to me his future is at lock (alal Braith Anasta), and with Lewis in the side that kinda leaves him on the outta...

murraymob

Coach
you cant blame the kid.I hear there is 100k a year difference in the 2 offers.Elliotts game plans are just not designed for kids like graham.He wants robotic style players

watatank

Coach
is there a particular reason why burns was signed up after one game yet graham has remained off contract the whole season?

abpanther

Staff member
You have to wonder though why they signed Burns in the first place with Graham ready to take over the #6 jersey, I mean really with everyone fully fit Burns ain't in my top 17, I'd have Graham at #6 and Iosefa off the bench.

Graham should develop very nicely though outside of Thurston

murraymob

Coach
there is not a lot of back up left .But dont fear boys i am making myself available .The worlds fattest 5/8 is back

franklin2323

Immortal
F**ken stupid useless management. We knew he was coming off contract why did we not make moves early on in the season to get him secured. Our halves aren't settled so the more options the better still might come back if he hates it up there nov-apr humid as a bastard up there.

Still we have the worst management ever. Prob coz there cheap so higher up put up with this rubbish!!!

Big Mick

Referee
I think Burns and Kingston re-signed in order to avoid having the whole Match Payments included under the cap for next year thing.

Big Mick

Referee
What worries me now...is does this mean we can't retain Coote?

We're going to re-sign Pritchard to an over-inflated contract based on what he provides during a season.

And we've got a guy that when everyone is fully fit in nathan smith...on $240k...and not even good enough for the 17.

Joke.

Cranky Sod

Juniors
Perhaps the morons running Penrith should tell Nathan Smith to look to ESL next year and then quickly upgrade Grant, Mckendry and Coote before the end of this year not during the middle of next year when their prices will soar.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Man it's sad seeing our young talent leave because of guys like Nathan Smith, Gavin Cooper, Brad Tighe, etc

Bob

Juniors
Being perfectly honest guys I personally think Wade might struggle at the cowboys

Wade plays left hand side and so does Thurston in fact I think it's Thurston's preferred side

Wade wants to play 5/8 but after reading a couple of Cowboys supporter sites they are convinced Henry is looking at him to replace Watts as a bench utility

Cranky don't worry about Mullholland and McKendry the bigger threat is going to come from the Warriors

murraymob

Coach
just on graham there is a cooling off period like lewis so if there serious a new offer can be made to wade

mxlegend99

Referee
It's a massive loss to us, but I doubt he'll fit in all that well at the Cowboys. Thurston likes to run the show himself and no 5/8 has been able to establish themselves in the halves with Thurston. The only player to have any real success with him is Darren Lockyer who was already established.

That said he wasn't really getting much opportunity to use his natural game here either. Luke Walsh likes to run things himself aswell and likes to get the ball to runners not other playmakers. It's a shame we didn't get to see Wade Graham at #7 more often... he looked very promising in his game against the Dragons.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
I saw few rumours quickly removed from PI today about Wade Graham agreeing to terms with the Cowboys but having a 10 day cooling off period to change his mind, If these rumours are true it's very sad that we have lost 2 promising young halves in the space of 3 years thanks to Elliott's and Leary ignorance.
Graham and Wallace should have been locked up for 10 years as our halves and now we are stuck with Burns and Walsh, what a way to ruin a club.

What is the 'PI'?

I'm not sure if it is a good signing or not, we already have Ray Thompson and Arana Taumata

Latest posts