What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look's like Wade has gone to the Cows

Charlie124

First Grade
I hope he fits in well along side Thurston (assuming we have in fact signed him, that is). However I wont be too worried if he doesnt straight away, seeing as Thurston and Thompson develloped a pretty good combo earlier in the year. Thompson looks like a long term prospect so perhaps Henry has other plans for Wade.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Vossy just said on the Footy Show that it would be announced that Graham was going to the Sharks???

Either way he is a huge loss. I'm pretty gutted and I completely udnerstand where BigMick is coming from. If he indeed leaves then drop him. Let Burns starts and free up a bench spot for another impact forward like Laurie.

murraymob

Coach
no suprise he has gone.in all the updates from the ceo on who they where talking with only 1 mentioned wade.It was clear he seemed not high on the agenda

Big Mick

Referee
If Wade signs with the Sharks...I expect Brad Tighe to be another signing within the next 2 weeks.

mortz

not andrew voss but a good joke mick hahaha
im happy with wade, he is a good young kid, and while it sucks for you guys, every club cannot keep there gun juniors.
i feel for clubs, especially the panthers ( i am a penrith boy) when juniors take off, it shattered me what fergo did, but we need a half, and our prospects in chat and albert arent ready yet, i hope we get graham but wouldnt be surprised if he goes to the cowboys

Big Mick

Referee
not andrew voss but a good joke mick hahaha
im happy with wade, he is a good young kid, and while it sucks for you guys, every club cannot keep there gun juniors.
i feel for clubs, especially the panthers ( i am a penrith boy) when juniors take off, it shattered me what fergo did, but we need a half, and our prospects in chat and albert arent ready yet, i hope we get graham but wouldnt be surprised if he goes to the cowboys

Yeah I was kidding dude haha.

I just hope in the future the NRL allows concessions for developing juniors.

We would have spent over $500k developing Wade over the years...and then he leaves at 19 and we get nothing for him.

I'd really like to see something in the salary cap to rectify this.

franklin2323

Immortal
my mail is he will announce today he has signed with the sharks

Would make more sense. Cows have Thompson, Taumata, Morgan. Sharks don't have anyone with Barrett going

We have a few commuting from there to training each day so he could stay in contact with his mates

mortz

Yeah I was kidding dude haha.

I just hope in the future the NRL allows concessions for developing juniors.

We would have spent over $500k developing Wade over the years...and then he leaves at 19 and we get nothing for him.

I'd really like to see something in the salary cap to rectify this.

yeh i know you were mick.
i hope the nrl puts something like that in place.
i would hate for luke douglas to leave for nothing.
the likes of gallen who is not actually a junior but came to us at a young age should count as well.

Would make more sense. Cows have Thompson, Taumata, Morgan. Sharks don't have anyone with Barrett going

We have a few commuting from there to training each day so he could stay in contact with his mates

it definately makes more sense, im sure he can scab a lift off paul aiton

Fibroman

First Grade
Sorry to break your hearts everyone, but the only thing Wade has in his arsenal is a good passing game.

He is too slow to get through a gap in the line. Not strong enough to bust tackles. Kicking game is average at best.

Defence is ok, but anyone can be taught to tackle. You can't teach natural speed, acceleration and strength.

Big Mick

Referee
Oh I don't think it is totally dependent mate.

I just think it would be a lot easier if Wade does go.

EzyG

Juniors
There goes Walsh's passing game (if true).

Very disapointing, he has alot of potential to develop into agreat player.

Job Ad for 5/8, 7:
Are you a young promising half wanting to start a successful carrer but you don't feel apreciated in your workplace with not many options for advancement. Penrith Panthers have positions available that could see you playing along side guy's like Lockyer & Thurston.
Apply within ?

abpanther

Staff member
Sorry to break your hearts everyone, but the only thing Wade has in his arsenal is a good passing game.

He is too slow to get through a gap in the line. Not strong enough to bust tackles. Kicking game is average at best.

Defence is ok, but anyone can be taught to tackle. You can't teach natural speed, acceleration and strength.

+1

bigfoot

Juniors

Who do we have that's better? Travis Burns?

Burns is great in defence, but other than that what does he offer in attack?

The main weakness of Walsh is his passing game, which is why Graham would have been a 10 times better partner in the halves than Burns.

Can't wait to see the recruitment at the end of this year.

Which Raiders players are off-contract? I bet we sign a few of them.

f**k I hate our management sometimes.

Doomednow

Bench
So we lost Graham and probably Tighe... who are we likely/would we be happy to get replacing them?

Do we have Gordon wrapped up yet?

Latest posts