What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lord Ted Goodwin - Stroke

Dragon David

First Grade
I just read that Teddy Goodwin had a major stroke a few days ago and is now recovering in hospital.

I hope all goes well with you Teddy with your rehabilitation and you can kick on for many more years.

I will always remember you scoring that try in the first 1977 Grand Final. It was a bobby dazzler.

I just read that Teddy Goodwin had a major stroke a few days ago and is now recovering in hospital.

I hope all goes well with you Teddy with your rehabilitation and you can kick on for many more years.

I will always remember you scoring that try in the first 1977 Grand Final. It was a bobby dazzler.

Teddy is lucky if recovering as my father died from a major stroke. Never regained consciousness. Similar age too to Lord Ted.

Dragsters

First Grade

All the best with your recovery Lord Ted.

Having suffered a stroke on the same day last year I feel that I can relate.

May you recovery be full and swift...

Dragsters

First Grade
I hope that you are going strong now Dragsters. Take it easy.
On the road back thanks mate. I was in a coma for 4 days and they gave me next to no chance of making a recovery. A stroke can be all manner of debilitating and rehab is long hard work but I'm committed to it and just doing my best. Ironically, I suffered my stroke and spinal injury last new years day, the same day as Daniel Anderson suffered his and what seems like a year to the day Lord Ted suffered his!

Dragon David

First Grade
On the road back thanks mate. I was in a coma for 4 days and they gave me next to no chance of making a recovery. A stroke can be all manner of debilitating and rehab is long hard work but I'm committed to it and just doing my best. Ironically, I suffered my stroke and spinal injury last new years day, the same day as Daniel Anderson suffered his and what seems like a year to the day Lord Ted suffered his!
Just amazing. I'm glad you are on the road back Dragsters and I hope that everyone else is hanging in there to see us do well for a change.

Dragsters

First Grade
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Whilst I didn't contribute as much this pass season I did a lot of lurking on the forum during what was a pretty ordinary year for our team.

Hopefully with a new coach and fresh start there will be a lot more to get excited about in '24...

Illusion

Bench
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Whilst I didn't contribute as much this pass season I did a lot of lurking on the forum during what was a pretty ordinary year for our team.

Hopefully with a new coach and fresh start there will be a lot more to get excited about in '24...
Mate would be great if the team has your fighting ability and determination. Well done mate ........

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I loved to watch lord Ted play. Each week when the teams were published in the newspaper I used to immediately look to see if E. Goodwin was in. I hated the fact he crossed to Wests.
I hope that you can regain your health soon. God bless

The fox

Juniors
I loved to watch lord Ted play. Each week when the teams were published in the newspaper I used to immediately look to see if E. Goodwin was in. I hated the fact he crossed to Wests.
Yep. Lord Ted my all time favourite dragon !! Still remember going to a trial in 1979 at Henson park and seeing Ted in the fullback position for Newtown. Worse feeling !!! I still not clear why we released him. Fortunately we got a champion in Brain Johnson. Not only a great player but a champion bloke. Bless his soul!!!

Surfclub Saint

Juniors
Dragsters, I had a stroke in 2009, couldn't walk or use right side of my body. But, lots of intervention with exercise physiology & rehab got me going again & although forced medical retirement in 2010, I am able to live a normal life, all be it with some limitations. Good luck mate, stay positive and determined

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragsters, I had a stroke in 2009, couldn't walk or use right side of my body. But, lots of intervention with exercise physiology & rehab got me going again & although forced medical retirement in 2010, I am able to live a normal life, all be it with some limitations. Good luck mate, stay positive and determined
All the best to you Surfclub Saint.

denis preston

First Grade
After 77 Ted put on some weight & lost some of his electrifying acceleration . Still good enough to play first grade but couldn’t compete against the Johnson, Brennan etc that we got after 77.