What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losses v Bulls and Raiders

Jeffles

Bench
What can I say. Given our recent history against the two clubs it would've been no surprise to cop two 40 point hidings. We ended up losing 42-20 v the Bulls and 36-22 against the Radiers.

JBC observations:

What an experience it is to go to Potts Park. Interesting ground with the greyhound track. Facilities leave a bit to be desired. Even Henson is better (I am shocked too).

The boys matched it with the Bulls early. Heck, we were winning! The Bulls are a big side especially with big John Kagi on the wing. The Bulls ran away with it in the 2nd half overpowering us.

It was good to see Newtown throw the ball around and offload. The confidence and enterprise shown by the lads was a change and if we play like that this week, we are a chance against Erina.

The Greyhound Social Club at Potts Park is also a wonderful facility. No Sydney Bulls people were there. That's a surprise given that it is so close to the ground.

PL observations:

Wasn't there but there were many late changes. We had the lead midway through the second half before Canberra ran away at the end.

This makes the loss against Norths crucial. We have a tough road ahead (Cougars, Roosters, Parra among others). The Cougars are a team we can beat but they are stacked with good players.

2 True Blues

Coach
The Cougars should have an under strength side with injuries and state of origin.

They will still be tough to beat.

Hope the leg injury to Thommas GEMMEL who had to be helped from the field against Canberra is OK. We can not afford to lose him. There were also two players on report wasn't there, one for an alleged bite on a Canberra player.

We had them 18/16 with 15 to go. I thought it was going to be a copy of the Henson game earlier in the season.

But with consecetive tries being scored from the MULTILPE penalties given against Newtown they just couldn't hold them out. I would like to see a bit of consistancy with some of these Premier League refs. That's all I want to see.

The penalties at the end killed us and what was a good even game of football.

in the crowd

Juniors
2 true blues don’t expect consistency from PL refs besides a few good ones the standard is very poor it is even worse in JB as you would have seen.

Does anyone know the Jets PL line up for Saturday?

Jeffles

Bench
2 True Blues, you must win Fan of the Year. Great to know some Jets fans made the trek to the capital.

2 True Blues

Coach
There was about half a dozen noticeable Jets fans at the ground.

It was about 3 degrees in the sun, with a chill factor that cut through three jackets.

Miserable one day, same the next........

Iv'e heard that Thommas GEMMEL could not get time off work last week to front the judiciary. So they suspended him for a week in his abscence, and re-adjourned the hearing. We missed him againt the Cougars on Saturday.
Hope his boss will let him go there this week or he'll be out again.

Andrew LE-BRETON's arm injury against Cougars. Is it serious ?????
Maybe Hamilton HUGHES will get a run. He sure can kick a goal and score a try,
but can he defend????.

How about COOKIE at fullback ( safe as a bank ) HUGHES on the wing.

That new guy from New Zealand ( Not sure of name ) he made his debut against Norths. He is definately the quickest runner on the same spot that I've ever seen. I'm sure that one game he might actually beat someone and get in the clear.

#-o #-o :cry:

Bluebag

Juniors
Jules Enoga is the new winger he is from NZ and is only just 18. Thomas Gemmell also came from NZ and has been a standout since coming over.

Jeffles

Bench
Bluebag is a big fan of Thomas Gemmell. He's always good for a tip :mrgreen:

Hope Le Breton is all right. He's been one of the most consistent performers all year. Cookie is in sensational form!!!!