What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote and the cash

How much should we offer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TITAN1

Juniors
Achillies said:
You cant balme him for not wanting to play for Cronulla,playing outside Kimmorley is probably the only thing worse in either Rugby code than playing for the Waratahs.
Ok,so if he had done the same thing to souths,would you still be wanting to sign him?

Dave Q

Coach
Achillies said:
You cant balme him for not wanting to play for Cronulla,playing outside Kimmorley is probably the only thing worse in either Rugby code than playing for the Waratahs.

lol

The beach or Ricky and it was the beach.

He's only human!

Dave Q

Coach
TITAN1 said:
Ok,so if he had done the same thing to souths,would you still be wanting to sign him?

These days, all the elite players want to meet with Souths.

A few years ago, we were like Cronulla, but now our dates, well they turn up.

Whether we can take them home afterwards thats another matter.

Our pick up line is simple Titan my cheeky friend:

"Do you want to play for Souths?"

And then they buy us the drinks!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Achillies said:
Its up to $800 000 a year now.As good a buisnessman as P HaC is(he has done great things off the field for our club) it shows when it comes to building a side that can win premierships he knows sweet f*** all.

Where has Richo been in all this anyway? When PhaC and Rusty took over,wasnt the arrangement that Richo would still be looking after the on field issues,like recruitment and retention?
I know he's looking for at least 1 million a year.

My point being, is a winger worth any more than 350k a year?

Put the pride bullsh*t aside for a second Dave, would you want to sign a player who is not committed to your team, that is only playing for the money all you fans are giving to him?

You realise that signing him is going to affect your chances of signing many, if any at all, players for the next few seasons.

I don't really think he's that good.

Dave Q

Coach
madunit said:
I know he's looking for at least 1 million a year.

My point being, is a winger worth any more than 350k a year?

Put the pride bullsh*t aside for a second Dave, would you want to sign a player who is not committed to your team, that is only playing for the money all you fans are giving to him?

You realise that signing him is going to affect your chances of signing many, if any at all, players for the next few seasons.

I don't really think he's that good.

Youre entitled to think he's not that good. You may be right.

But Souths have very talented recruitment people.

They are not going to put our club and our rise up the ranks in jeopardy.

Not for a second.

They are the experts, they do it for a living, they have already delivered in spades.

I trust their judgment 100%

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
well i seriously hope for our game and for your club they say no to Lote.

Dave how on earth you can justify paying $800k for a winger regardless of how good he is, is beyond me. $300k tops.

Do you really think that a winger deserves 30% more than Joey and Lockyer???

If so then me moderate amount of respect for flys out the window now.

Its ridiculous to the extreme, hell you could pick up a gun half and another gun forward for that price!

Use your sense man.

Sir Knight82 said:
Dave how on earth you can justify paying $800k for a winger regardless of how good he is, is beyond me. $300k tops.

Do you really think that a winger deserves 30% more than Joey and Lockyer???

If so then me moderate amount of respect for flys out the window now.

Its ridiculous to the extreme, hell you could pick up a gun half and another gun forward for that price!

Use your sense man.

Lote will not be playing on the wing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
but they aren't getting 800k a season are they?

this is the point.

No player in the game is getting this much from their club, and there are many players better than Lote out there

Status
Not open for further replies.