What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri officially signs with Wests Tigers

ucantseeme

Juniors
Apparently Lote is on 400k a season.

How many better fullbacks could you get with that?

Slater, Bowen, Stewart, Gidley...

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Apparently Lote is on 400k a season.

How many better fullbacks could you get with that?

Slater, Bowen, Stewart, Gidley...
Gidley? Are you serious? Bowen's best years are in his rearview mirror as well.

If Tuqiri is on $400k though, let's hope he performs. Seems a lot of dosh to spend on one player who's been out of the game for a few years. Still, can't teach class and Lote has it in spades (on the field anyway).

I like this signing. I always rated him above the big Dell, who had a very good year, I think Lote will have a strong year too.

gronkathon

First Grade
f**king Soufs fans.

Back to the methedone clinic you peasant houso f**ks. Stick to signing apish Queensland geniuss. You have one of the worst backlines in the NRL and nobody with any class will go to your tarted up junkie haven in the shadows of the twin towers of aboriginal pride, the Surry Hills housos

nyx

Juniors
I hope he ends up in the centres. I'm not sure if he still has the pace for FB.
He used to get run down a fair bit in Rugby.

I still think he will kill it this year though and can't wait to see him run out for Tiges.

DanOz

Juniors
I hope he ends up in the centres. I'm not sure if he still has the pace for FB.
He used to get run down a fair bit in Rugby.

I still think he will kill it this year though and can't wait to see him run out for Tiges.

I think he'd be best suited to centre / wing but I hope they play him at fullback to ensure Moltzen plays halfback.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Im with you DanOz

My main priorities for the team would be

6 Marshall
7 Moltzen
9 Farah

In many respects I dont care where the others play.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Lote Tuqiri signs for Wests Tigers
  • <LI class="byline first ">By Andrew Webster <LI class="source ">From: The Daily Telegraph
  • February 05, 2010 12:00AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...for-wests-tigers/story-e6frfgbo-1225826824143

QUEENSLAND'S backline:breaking records one year - adding Lote Tuqiri the next.
The Wests Tigers confirmed the worst-kept secret in rugby league yesterday when they announced the signing of discarded Wallabies winger to a $1.2 million deal over three years.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
There we go. $400k a season. For a winger. 30 years old. Hasn't played NRL is years.

DanOz

Juniors
Im with you DanOz

My main priorities for the team would be

6 Marshall
7 Moltzen
9 Farah

In many respects I dont care where the others play.

I agree - It wont matter if Tuqiri plays wing, fullback or centre as long as those 3 are in those positions.

The Pain Game

Juniors
I hope this move works out Tigers. The NRL is missing the Tigers and Cowboys from playing in the finals with an exciting brand of attack.

But I am little sceptical... particularly if he is moved to fullback because he has aged and is returning to the game after playing yawnion for a while. Lazarus has some injury problems and Motzen is needed in the halves, if Tomato does not get a run, which may push Lote back.

Then there is a few players returning from England who may struggle with the pace of the game (for the first year anyway) and a few fringe players like Brown, Daniela and Tupou that are joining in areas where the Tigers seem okay. Without Gallant at the back and Tuaki still injured, they could help, but I am not sure they improve the team, but just depth.

The Tigers must stand up this year or it becomes Ryan Ohara like all over again. Yous have made some big moves on the market and there is no cap space left for a few years, so you have to perform otherwise Browny or Folksey (depending on who is coach next year) is stuck with Sheens legacy for a few years and will not be able to improve towards a top 8 for a few years.

Borat.

Juniors
A quick look at the Souths forum has a lot of blokes suggesting they are a big chance to sign Lawrence. Find it very hard to believe to be honest.

No Chance- how would they fit him under the cap......

Magpies_74

Juniors
the dogs went hard for lawrence last year and he didnt even look at it.

he is a local junior and he heavily involved in the campbelltown community. he has even started his own business there.

braz is right sheens would shed every player we have bar farah and marshall to keep chris

What if Sheens is sacked and farks off to Soufs in 2012.

Rusty was sniffing at one stage wasn't he.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
I hope this move works out Tigers. The NRL is missing the Tigers and Cowboys from playing in the finals with an exciting brand of attack.

But I am little sceptical... particularly if he is moved to fullback because he has aged and is returning to the game after playing yawnion for a while. Lazarus has some injury problems and Motzen is needed in the halves, if Tomato does not get a run, which may push Lote back.

Then there is a few players returning from England who may struggle with the pace of the game (for the first year anyway) and a few fringe players like Brown, Daniela and Tupou that are joining in areas where the Tigers seem okay. Without Gallant at the back and Tuaki still injured, they could help, but I am not sure they improve the team, but just depth.

The Tigers must stand up this year or it becomes Ryan Ohara like all over again. Yous have made some big moves on the market and there is no cap space left for a few years, so you have to perform otherwise Browny or Folksey (depending on who is coach next year) is stuck with Sheens legacy for a few years and will not be able to improve towards a top 8 for a few years.

Pretty well stated.

Latest posts