What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri

MattJ

Juniors
Was listening to talking sport on 2sm on the way home yesterday and heard Peter Tunks say don't be surprised to see Lote Tuqiri running around in the red and green this season.
Personally, I would find this to be a toilet of a signing and really hope Tunksy is way off the mark with this rumor.
Thoughts people?

moga

Juniors
Doubt its true but if true, shows Madge is desperate and lacks faith in his squad..

I wouldn't call Peter Tunks a great source of information on Souths. I'm doubtful this signing will happen. Lote just doesn't have anything to offer anymore. Too old, too slow to play in the backs and too old and too much of an injury risk to switch over to the forwards.

Don't need him. Don't have a use for him and we have many better options running around already.

Big Sam

First Grade
Well if there's one area we're skinny in, it's outside backs. But poor Lote's way passed it - he'd be a Wesser MkII.

Well if there's one area we're skinny in, it's outside backs. But poor Lote's way passed it - he'd be a Wesser MkII.

Yeah, but not much point in filling a hole with a bloke whose been lucky to see more than a third of a season for the last few years.

We'd just be keeping our physio extra busy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Matt Utai would be better value, if you're keen to sign an over the hill has-been.

At least he runs the ball back hard.

Lote has hands like mop heads and dawdles around everywhere

mxlegend99

Referee
Wesser atleast had a bit to offer still, played some decent games for you guys. Not anywhere near his best obviously, but still on his day looked like a competent first grader.

Tuqiri was basically at that same point a few years back when he signed with the Tigers. Slap another 3 years and multiple injuries onto that body, and it wouldn't make any sense for an NRL club to sign him up. Atleast not as a player. Might have something to offer as a mentor or trainer or something.

Tone83

Juniors
I don't see where lote would be lacking on the wing, just being on the bigger side is enough to consider him a step up from what souths have fielded on the wing lately.

grouch

First Grade
Tuqiri was past it in 2011. This would be a signing to rival the Bunnies bad old days when you signed players like John Elias

MattJ

Juniors
Tunksy was on the money...
Reddy and Tuqiri, tigers fans must be pissing themselves.

souths1908

Juniors
What's the point of freeing up all that cap space and then sign Reddy and Tuqiri. I really hope that I'm proven wrong like I was with Goodwin.

Latest posts