What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri

In all fairness, Reddy was solid for us when we were struck by injury. He's not lightning quick or an X-factor but he won't let you down.

Tuqiri on the other hand is a broken down wreck and lumbers out on the edges when he doesn't have the ball.

Lote Tuqiri’s First Chat with Rabbitohs TV
Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Jeremy Monahan
Tuesday 21 January 2014 4:12 PM

Rabbitohs new recruit Lote Tuqiri was straight into training today (Tuesday), catching up with Rabbitohs TV to talk about joining his new Club.
The dual international was proud to be joining the team at Redfern, citing that the boys have already made him feel welcome.
“I never thought that it would ever happen, but I’m here now and I feel good to be a part of the Club – the boys have taken me in pretty well,” Tuqiri said.
“It’s day one, so I’m really looking forward to a good year and hopefully getting out onto the field with the really good team that the Rabbitohs are.”
The Club may be new to him, but some of the faces weren’t, with former Tigers Joel Reddy and Matt Hyland both familiar to Lote.
“I think he (Joel Reddy) was one of the first people I saw, so it’s good to see a familiar face,” said Tuqiri.
Both Tuqiri and Reddy recently made cameo appearances in a Wiggles DVD, but despite the extra string to their bow, Tuqiri laughingly described their performance as ‘wooden’.
“We were just talking about the Wiggles DVD actually – how sort of ‘wooden’ we were, but other than that it’s good to see a familiar face.”
To watch the full interview, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Lote-Tuqiris-First-Chat-with-Rabbitohs-TV/89435

Dual International Lote Tuqiri signs one year deal with South Sydney Rabbitohs
TODD BALYM FOX SPORTS JANUARY 21, 2014 12:32PM

SOUTH Sydney coach Michael Maguire has added depth to his backline by signing veteran dual international Lote Tuqiri on a one-year deal for the 2014 NRL season.

The Rabbitohs announced the 34-year-old had signed a deal to join the club via an email to members this morning, with the former Kangaroos and Wallabies star to prolong his 15-year professional career.

Tuqiri has played 151 NRL matches since his debut for the Broncos in 1999, with 99 matches for Brisbane and 52 for the Wests Tigers.

The 106kg winger recently returned from a stint playing rugby union with Leinster in Ireland.

"Lote has played the game at the highest level for many years and the experience he will bring to our young backline will be invaluable," Maguire said.

"He's expressed a desire to continue to play top level Rugby League in our discussions and he will have a chance to be selected in our top 17 based on his performances as we head towards round one and the Roosters.

"We're looking forward to having him join the side for pre-season training and seeing the influence he can have on the young players we have in our squad."

Tuqiri is looking forward to joining the Rabbitohs.

"I'm really excited to be back and to be part of a Club that's on the way up", Tuqiri said.

"The Club has some very talented youngsters and some of the superstars of the game, and it's exciting for me to be part of the Rabbitohs now."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...sydney-rabbitohs/story-fni3gki8-1226806711228

Latest posts