What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of cash and noone to spend it on?

Ryles has really suprised me this year I thought he was a cat, but this year his been right up the guts with good solid runs and pulling off bone rattlers.

Read that only reason he was running flanks and angles was because Browny told him and now that he has a new lease on live his much happier.

Really cant see him leaving the dragons, but who knows!

Mad Goanna

Juniors
Burwood said:
Soward will be destined to play out his career in Premier League. It's where he excels. I thought Reynoldson still has a year to go in his contract? Hopefully I'm wrong. Matai is a grub.

Don't forget to look over in the ESL. Brian's brother is now the National coach, so I'm sure he could set us up with a couple of quality players who wish to prove themselves in the toughest competition. :D

Someone like Chris Thorman!! He was a spastic. Try the Monaghan brothers who can cover all backline positions between them as well as hooker

Mad Goanna

Juniors
maaat said:
soward is the one we go after i reckon he has great passing, one of the quickest in the league over 40 mtrs and great kicking game he would do our team wonders.... (my brother follows netown) he is the best half at the roosters and with the way he is bing treated there he will def be wanting out im guessing.

Doesn't matter if you are quick if you don't run with the footy

CJKnight

Juniors
Michael Monaghan is off contract for the Eagles at the end of this season. With a Matt Ballin/Shane Dunley pair for Hooker I don't see how they could keep him. I heard Mick really wants to play halfback... would be some good experience to play with Mullen post-Joey?

Nathan Fien plays hooker for the Warriors and is very good out of dummy-half. But he has played most of his career at Halfback and has a brilliant little kicking game to compliment. Once again could be a nice partner for Mullen.

Luke O'Donnell wants to return to Sydney, but Newy is only a short drive away. Would give us some mongrel in the second-row and his defensive efforts is at a representative standard IMO.

Hodges will probably not leave SE QLD... and too boot I think the guy is an absolute idiot. But you can't fault his raw power and try-scoring ability. Would love to throw some money at him.

as for Props I don't really thinkwe need one after buying Sargent last season. But O'Meley and White are both off-contract and would be good buys. Ryles has been playing some good footy, but he is very much like Perry in the fact he is over-rated IMO.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Hornby - Why?
Petrol - Getting long in the tooth
Hodges _ Possibly
White - We have one of those
Clinton - Again, why?
Soliola - Never rated him
Tupou - Maybe
Tate - Again, never rated him.

reginald.p

Juniors
Hornby - good player played halfback for Australia
civoniceva - Playing as well as he ever has, we need a tough experienced forward leader. sign him for a two year deal.
Hodges - Awesome
White - Fast and consistent.
Clinton - Aggressive and actually runs hard at the line, i would take him over perry and woolnough anyday.
Soliola - Lots of potential just needs to cut the mistakes out of his game.
Tupou - Pretty good makes alot of line breaks.
Tate - ugly
Edit/Delete Message

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smithy tried to get Sherwin at our club 3 or 4 years ago and scared Canterbury enough to offer him a five deal...he's on the nose at the dogs, don't be surprised if he gets a release and turns out for you guys this year.

macavity

Referee
nooooooooooooo to Sherwin... eck...

we now have a hell of alot of dough available - for this year as well.....

:cry:

NoJoeyNo

Juniors
K-Man said:
If Joey does retire, and there is a cleanout of current players off contract, that could be quite a bit of cash to buy players for 2008. But we don't want any Reynoldson type purchases.

I had a full list of players off contract at the end of this year but misplaced it, anyone else have one?

But the question is...who is out there that we actually want? Especially in the halves.

I would love Anthony Tupou and Steve Matai (he's got Lyon and Bell and Burns all there, not sure where Eagles see him fitting in if everyone is fit, but he's the type of centre we need).

As for halves, Soward or Lewis might have to do.

Yeah good luck. Looks like we plan to spend $200,000 or even double that on a golden parachute payment to the clubs departing CEO Ken Conway. Now thats a wise way to spend club money.

And I think from memory Reynoldson was Conway's one and only Marquee signing (sorry Carmont too) over the five years he has run our club into the ground for.

IanG

Coach
What's wrong with bring up some of our own talent instead of letting 'em go elsewhere?

Jono078

Referee
Apparently these are all the offcontract halves

Ben Roberts
Brett Kimmorley
David Myles
Travis Burns
Jason Smith
Adam Dykes
Joe Williams
Ben Hornby
Micheal Witt
Tim Smith
Josh Lewis
Sean Long

Other players off contract off the top of my head are

Justin Hodges
Luke O'Donnell
Mark O'Meley
Craig Wing
Chris Walker
Brent Tate
Jason Ryles
Greg Eastwood
Petero Civoniceva
Michael Ennis
Sam Thaiday
Andrew Ryan
Matt Utai
Hazem El Masri
David Simmons
Brent Kite
Luke Rooney
Joel Clinton

Not 100% on all of them but that's what I found..

Pumba

First Grade
Brisbane Broncos
OFF CONTRACT : Petero Civoniceva, Brent Tate, Justin Hodges, Sam Thaiday, Shaun Berrigan, Michael Ennis

Canterbury Bulldogs
OFF CONTRACT : Andrew Ryan, Mark O'Meley, Hazem El Masri, Matthew Utai, Corey Hughes, Adam Perry, Ben Roberts, Aaron Wheatley, Andrew Emelio, Dallas McIlwain, Brad Morrin

Canberra Raiders
OFF CONTRACT : Junior Sau

Cronulla Sharks
OFF CONTRACT : Brett Kimmorley, David Simmonds, Reece Williams, Richard Villasanti

Gold Coast Titans
OFF CONTRACT : Clint Amos, Luke O'Dwyer, David Myles, Matt Hilder, Lelea Paea, Matt Peterson

OFF CONTRACT : Brent Kite, Glenn Hall, Travis Burns

North Qld. Cowboys
OFF CONTRACT : Luke O'Donnell, Jason Smith

Parramatta Eels
OFF CONTRACT : Ian Hindmarsh

Penrith Panthers
OFF CONTRACT : Luke Rooney, Joel Clinton

South Sydney Rabbitohs
OFF CONTRACT : Germaine Paulson, Luke Stuart, Joe Williams, David Peachey

St George-Illawarra Dragons
OFF CONTRACT : Jason Ryles, Ben Hornby, Brian West, James Jiminez, Keith Lulia, Jason Nightingale, Brad Davidson, Malcolm Leaeno, Kevin Naiqama, Sam Isemonger

Sydney Roosters
OFF CONTRACT : Craig Wing, Chris Beattie

New Zealand Warriors
OFF CONTRACT : Michael Witt, George Gatis

Wests Tigers
OFF CONTRACT : Tom Haberecht

I found this don't know how accuarate it is though

Jedda

Juniors
I'm all for spending some of the money as long as we use it wisely rather than making another "Reynoldson" type purchase.

As much as I'd love to see Walsh and Dureau stay and prosper at our club, I feel they need at least another year in the lower grades to physically mature before being thrown to the wolves in first grade.

I think a half-back would be a wise purchase even if it only buys us another year for the younger guys to mature, then chase a decent centre.

Latest posts