What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of cash and noone to spend it on?

CJKnight

Juniors
voltron said:
So how much do we have to spend?
I think we should buy a few players, instead of one major buy, because it'll be perceived that this is our 'Johns replacement' and that's just too much pressure.

Buys i would like to see
Backline: Hodges, Berrigan, Hazem (would be a great kicker for us too), Emelio, Travis Burns
Forwards: O'meley, Thaiday (can play with his uncle, lol), kite, LOD,

This is all working from the list on the other page.

Milton is Sam's cousin not his uncle...

Hazem already resigned for 2 years with the Dogs...

Not to rain on this cash spending frenzy, but I have this horrible feeling we don't have as much to spend as people might think. I can distinctly remember Kurt Gidley, Steve Simpson and Danny Buderus re signing on contracts that were structured so that they earned more money in the years after johns left so that all payments would fit under the salary cap. I'd have a guess and say that if we'll have to dump a few players as well as having no Johns to have somewhere around the $500,000 mark at best. Still enough to get some good players though.

Yosh

Coach
justsomefootyfan said:
Not to rain on this cash spending frenzy, but I have this horrible feeling we don't have as much to spend as people might think. I can distinctly remember Kurt Gidley, Steve Simpson and Danny Buderus re signing on contracts that were structured so that they earned more money in the years after johns left so that all payments would fit under the salary cap. I'd have a guess and say that if we'll have to dump a few players as well as having no Johns to have somewhere around the $500,000 mark at best. Still enough to get some good players though.

I'm still hopeful that we drop some garbage we are carrying at the club. That should also free up heaps of room. Without a doubt I say we will have over 1mil in cap space next year after the clean out. 1mil to spend on 2 or 3 quality players, invest into some young guns and upgrade players' contracts who deserve it.

knights9

Juniors
I would definatley like Burns at the club he is a top player and he is still young. For a centre Matai would be good even though i hate him but we are i need of a good centre. I actually wouldnt mind Soliola has the potential. I guess Weepu is another option at half and id be happy if he came.

Milo7

Juniors
Ben said:
Sa, hailed as the next SBW and has done crock all. I wouldn't even touch him.

The next SBW? who said that just out of curiosity? But your right, he`s done SFA so far.....

Frederick

Staff member
Tame Tupou looks pretty much set to walk out of Broncos - he could prolly be gotten fairly cheaply

Pumba

First Grade
Frederick said:
Tame Tupou looks pretty much set to walk out of Broncos - he could prolly be gotten fairly cheaply

He could play in the forwards to.

voltron

Juniors
yeah i thought Hazem wasnt resigned yet, that definitely wouldve been reported about.
there is the whole, SBW, O'Meley, Hazem thing going on at the bulldogs atm.

Now SBW has signed, there's less money for the other two
If O'meley signs, less money for Hazem. or vice versa.
but i doubt we could get Hazem, i think he wants to stay in a Sydney based team.

Tame Topou?
He isnt consistent and has too many off days in defense. same with Soliola

CJKnight

Juniors
Frederick said:

Bennett is no fool... Tame score 10 tries in 6 games or something last season but is still not in the Bronco's lineup.

If Tame couldn't crack Bennett's approval, I wouldn't sign him even if he came for 50c. But that MO of course... *cowers in corner afraid*