What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lou Reed Dead

Zigwaa

Bench
RIP Lou.

The Metallica colaboration was the first thing i though of too. Even though I only heard 20 seconds of one of the songs it was still was the worst thing i've ever heard.

roofromoz

First Grade
Not a big Lou Reed fan, but the song he did with The Killers (Tranquilise) went all right.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I first became aware of the Velvet Underground when 'Venus In Furs' and 'Heroin' were featured on the Oliver Stone's The Doors soundtrack.

While being historically well established how important they are in the history of music, I still think their role cannot be overstated. Lou Reed's songwriting is critical to this. He was one of the first to take huge risks and sing about the seedy underbelly of life in the big city.

A very interesting artist and an assured place in history, RIP.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Firstly, I always found Lou Reed's music to be sometimes hot but mostly cold.

Secondly. Reed was an arrogant, self obesessed merkin. He would have died a bitter, weak man as he lived his life as. Back in the late 70s, he decided that David Bowie would make an ideal punching bag. What a tosser!

My fav song of Reed's was from the album "Sally Can't Dance"......NY Stars.